Why become a member? ×

What do you get if you cross an Elf with a Midget?

stewblack

2 hours ago, jassbass said:

Nice.

Is it running at 8ohms?is is loud enough for gigging  ?

I would guess yes. But as ever it depends on size of the room, your chosen style, and how loud the band likes to be. 

I'll certainly try it 

I always take my Elf to gigs as a back up. Great sound and matched to Barefaced cabs. I have used it in reasonably large venues and theatres with DI. Usually through a Barefaced Super 12T at 4 ohms, it is certainly loud enough for pub and club gigs without DI, and our drummer is not quiet by any means..

• 1 month later...

Gave the Elf its first outing today at a rehearsal. 

Put it on top of my Ashdown 1X12.

Blew me away. I'll gig it without hesitation. Wonderful tone, and as much oomph as any bass player could wish for. 

Set it up for a TE scoop at it did what I wanted, underpinning the sound with big fat bass and dancing lightly over the top. 

Blessed with a singer who has a a really good ear. Said she liked it, but she's particularly partial to a punchy midrange bass sound. So I reversed the tone pots (BMT: quarter to, quarter past, quarter to) and just an amazing sound. So good. 

Used the P with @KiOgontone switch fitted and that was a revelation. It's quite a varied set and some lines need to ring out while others need to be smooth. One click of this cunning device and... perfection.

I know I have more kit than anyone could ever need or use, especially now my health limits me to very occasional performances, but whatever I use I ask myself, if this was all I had would I be content to gig with it week in week out. 

This set up is an emphatic yes. 

IMG_20200726_183945.thumb.jpg.85d2133c3b0532e3274e5e0f20f5b7cf.jpg

• Like 1