Why become a member? ×

EHX Microsynth tone alternatives?

Bassmidget209

Hi guys bit of a weirdish one,

I use an electroharmonix microsynth, but not technically as it was intended to be used. I basically switch the trigger and use it as an unusual sub/octave fuzz, essentially using the filters as a tone control rather than a dynamic filter sweep thing. I love the sound of it but its massive and needs 24v. Its also relatively old so its not gonna last forever. 

Now my question is: is there anything that sounds like the voice section of a microsynth without being an actual microsynth? It provides a suboctave that doesnt dominate the sound. I have a separate fuzz (devi-ever cherry pop) and octave (ehx multiplexer) but its a completely different sound, the microsynth is so much more 'refined' for lack of a better description and has quite a nasal quality without losing the bottom end. Ive attached a photo of my (current) settings if that helps.

I know this is a bit of a weird ask, Im looking to reorganise the pedal board as its a mess and I want more on it (modulation, wah etc) and this and another pedal take up a third of my board alone.

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_20200618_131723.jpg