Lozz196

Ashdown ABM PRO NEO Cabs

Yup. Sorely tempted by the 210 now I’ve sold my Four10. Must. Resist.

Do. Not. Need.

I saw they posted them on Facebook and I had gas attack...

I was looking at the 12" by Orange, but now that Ashdown has one I will probably get one by them. And the 210 is also tempting.

I wonder how they compare to the RM cabs. 

Well my experience of the regular ABM cabs in comparison to the RM cabs is that they have a lower, deeper sound. Easiest way to describe but is that the RMs get the sort of sound you want to achieve at lower volumes (so smaller venues) whereas you can push the ABMs harder (on bigger stages/venues). I can’t see Ashdown wanting these NEO cabs to stray far from the ABM sound though. 

• Like 1

Well I’ve decided that these are my future. I’ve recently got an ABM600 again and will pair it with two of the 210s. Just waiting on Black Friday or Xmas Sales to see if I can nab a bargain.

• Like 2

I would be more interested if they offered an HPF rather than the octave thing. How many players actually use sub harmonics?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chris_b said:

I would be more interested if they offered an HPF rather than the octave thing. How many players actually use sub harmonics?

I think I’ve used it once, on In The City by The Jam - as I read somewhere that Bruce Foxton does similar.

If the 2x10s together sounded identical to the 410 evo iv cab, I'd be interested.

I gave the 410 a good run out with the abm600 and it gets better and better the more you push it.

• Like 1