Why become a member? ×

Custom molded ear plugs / in-ears.

fretmeister

Any recommendations for custom molded in-ears and plugs?

I'm fed up with the standard little rubber things not quite fitting how I want, and many years ago I had some custom fitted ear plugs that were great, but the little audiologist shop that did them closed donkeys ago.

ta.

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

Any recommendations for custom molded in-ears and plugs?

I'm fed up with the standard little rubber things not quite fitting how I want, and many years ago I had some custom fitted ear plugs that were great, but the little audiologist shop that did them closed donkeys ago.

ta.

Stop what you're doing, and look here!

https://www.musicianshearingservices.co.uk/what-we-do/musicans-hearing-health-scheme/

Depending on your circumstances (and I believe the guidelines are flexible) you can get some lovely ACS plugs and save a chunk of cash...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

https://www.musicianshearingservices.co.uk/what-we-do/musicans-hearing-health-scheme/

Depending on your circumstances (and I believe the guidelines are flexible) you can get some lovely ACS plugs and save a chunk of cash...

Thank you!

I don't get paid for any music related activity, but I do volunteer every week (pre lockdown) for the local music & performing arts trust. I will email them and ask.

Just now, fretmeister said:

Thank you!

I don't get paid for any music related activity, but I do volunteer every week (pre lockdown) for the local music & performing arts trust. I will email them and ask.

TBH I would just go straight to the application and give them the Youtube links, etc...

They're incredible plugs, btw.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be running at the moment due to the Covid-19 situation.

As a brief aside, I had a set of these ACS molded earplugs but didn't really get on with them as I felt too dissociated with the rest of the world :)  However, I had a cunning plan.  I had a set of KZ ZS10 earphones but had never been able to get a good enough seal with the silicone buds... light bulb moment.... I popped out the filters on the ACS and using clear silicone sealant joined the two together and now have molded earplugs with the KZ drivers in.  Works a treat and probably a cheap hack.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2020 at 11:51, wateroftyne said:

I got some of these made by posting the links and had a band mate give me a ‘reference’ as per the application process. I did the same for him and we both got our moulds which are great. If you can hold off  until after covid lock down (would I be right in thinking like the rest of us you’re less likely to need them now anyways?) then do try and get the discount. 

If not I’d still like others have said consider the ACS moulds. Good luck!

Starting at http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/ would be my suggestion - they do a range of brands and won't instantly recommend you the most expensive ones. I got some ultimate ears UE6s which are brilliant, @EBS_freak is your man for more detailed advice though.

Custom Iem's are well worth the investment though, good luck! 

Edited by Rik (ESA)

On 25/06/2020 at 00:14, moley6knipe said:

Another vote for ACS - great plugs. Sure a little pricier than off the shelf but I wish I’d got them years ago. My left ear is toast after years of crash cymbals and Mesa Boogie guitar amps at ear height. 

Same here. My custom plugs have kept me going. So good I use them when riding my motorcycle too and listening to music through my headset.

• Like 1