Why become a member? ×

24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

picked up a rather nice short scale bass today. I doubt anyone has heard of the creator of them, but have been looking forward to this for a bit!

IMG_2644.jpeg

I recognise the work immediately and am most envious.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

The corner of the living room is now complete!

IMG_2652.jpeg

Jabba's Build Diaries are enjoyed by many on this forum and his beautiful creations are always a big draw at our S-W Bass Bashes .  His basses with their distinctive headstocks are easily recognisable to those in the know and the quality of his work is just stunning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wrinkleygit said:

Absolute stunner , perhaps we should have a specific “ owners club “ thread !!!

Yes we should!

5 hours ago, wrinkleygit said:

They are certainly in a class of their own, just wait for the reaction when you gig with it, enjoy, Mike.

I can’t wait to resume rehearsing with mine, it’s perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say my modded Epi EB0 sounds and plays and feels really nice. A lot better than the Squier Bronco and Ibby Talman I had (it's all personal I suppose). I have been playing it through headphones mainly and a warwick gnome and it sounds fine. For sure, it'll be different through a cab,

I tried it at low volume through a Peavey Bandit guitar amp and it sounded pretty good, a lot bassier obviously. The pickup upgrade is a Retrovibe and a brass nut.

Hi barrycreed ,

Looks really good , did your Luthier make the string extender , or buy it somewhere ?

The pickup on mine , Stock 1997 Peerless factory , is Gotoh , same as the cast bridge , and I am really supprised as

to the balance across the strings on output .

After reading quite a lot on internet about short scale string gauges , I ended up buying a set of D`Addario

EXL160S , I find them really good .

Whats the serial number of yours

20211022_111028.thumb.jpg.59505126f6f1092f86580537d8c98a18.jpg?

20211022_111404.jpg

Edited by petetexas

Hi,

Just got Rivoli back from my local luthier , neck heel crack repaired , you can see it but not feel it .

Just noticed , the pickup routing on this one is the size of the pickup, so the whole pickup drops inside the routing ...... very strange , my old one had the

routing done for the pickup chrome flange to sit on the surface.

Anyhow, I have far more adjustment in height on this one.

Edited by petetexas

When a bit of cash in my wallet from a few recent pub and party gigs meets a very tempting listing on a local Facebook page this is what happens.

A Mexican made Mustang, a very subtle sonic blue. Plus an alternative pickguard.

Even the cat looks smitten 🤩 

14B83689-C933-4955-9843-A2C88CD0A755.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Len_derby said:

When a bit of cash in my wallet from a few recent pub and party gigs meets a very tempting listing on a local Facebook page this is what happens.

A Mexican made Mustang, a very subtle sonic blue. Plus an alternative pickguard.

Even the cat looks smitten 🤩 

14B83689-C933-4955-9843-A2C88CD0A755.jpeg

Ah, you’re on here too. Glad you got back OK with it!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mr4stringz said:

Ah, you’re on here too. Glad you got back OK with it!

Yes thanks, all good.

It was good to meet yet another sound member of the great low-end community.

My satnav sent me through parts of Sutton Coldfield and by Sutton Park. Wow, it looks like there’s some serious money around there!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Len_derby said:

Yes thanks, all good.

It was good to meet yet another sound member of the great low-end community.

My satnav sent me through parts of Sutton Coldfield and by Sutton Park. Wow, it looks like there’s some serious money around there!

Likewise! And yes, certainly more so than the more modest neck of the woods I’m in!

• Like 1