Why become a member? ×

44 minutes ago, barrycreed said:

The Low End Lobster Video has now put me off contuing the mod idea. He just slated it, but I suppose I should go on what I like.....

I would definitely please yourself. His is just one view. I enjoy modifying guitars and basses, however I’ll advised it may be. With the Bronco you can create a quite decent bass for not very much. Like many modifications (to whatever basic platform) you are unlikely to recover your outlay but how often do you make a profit selling a modern instrument?

5 hours ago, barrycreed said:

Tempted with one of these, to eliminate neck bends forever! :)

Do you have any more details about that? I'm curious about what's going on structurally that would eliminate neck bends. (I have some ideas of my own about that problem.)

23 minutes ago, bnt said:

Do you have any more details about that? I'm curious about what's going on structurally that would eliminate neck bends. (I have some ideas of my own about that problem.)

It's a neck through from a company in Luxembourg called Tttides: https://tttides-guitars.com/gallery-infos/ 

From what I have seen, their guitars seem to be pretty flexible in terms of specs.

image.thumb.png.a7baa9a292e88a32256014ff472a17bc.png

Edited by barrycreed
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

Playing around with a photo editor. Double P or P/J (technically speaking it's M/M or M/51). This never ends well for me, i.e. I often end up spending money :D 

Screenshot 2021-08-09.jpeg

The P/P config looks better, IMO but I suspect that the P/51 would work better in practice for tonal consistency that close to the bridge. 

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

Playing around with a photo editor. Double P or P/J (technically speaking it's M/M or M/51). This never ends well for me, i.e. I often end up spending money :D 

Screenshot 2021-08-09.jpeg

Double P would be my choice but reverse the bridge Pup.

Just saying!!!!

• Like 1

I have a Sterling by Music Man short scale Stingray inbound to try out… was also interested in the G&L Tribute Fallout. My first 30” scale bass but I love playing my 21” scale Kala so much I’m sure I’ll get on with it and there may be a 34” scale Sandberg Basic going up for sale in the fallout (pun intended).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

Just saying!!!!

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

+1

I agree, I just didn’t have a mirror image loaded to try it out. Full disclosure, I’m a double P type fan anyway and have owned one in the past (a converted, original run Roadworn, sounded great but had horrific neck dive).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

I have a Sterling by Music Man short scale Stingray inbound to try out… was also interested in the G&L Tribute Fallout. My first 30” scale bass but I love playing my 21” scale Kala so much I’m sure I’ll get on with it and there may be a 34” scale Sandberg Basic going up for sale in the fallout (pun intended).

The s-s 'Ray is a great bass and massive value for money.  I bought one and a s-s Sandberg Cali knowing I would only keep one.  Almost had to toss a coin to decide in favour of the Sandy.

17 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

Just saying!!!!

16 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

+1

14 hours ago, ezbass said:

I agree, I just didn’t have a mirror image loaded to try it out. Full disclosure, I’m a double P type fan anyway and have owned one in the past (a converted, original run Roadworn, sounded great but had horrific neck dive).

I went back and had a play with a reversed second pickup. I did not save the image and didn’t share for fear of folks asking for money for counselling or for replacement keyboards due to puke damage. It was not a good look 😖, which was surprising.

4 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Any recommendations for 24 fret shorties other than swb and Danelectro longhorn? They (shorties) mostly seem to be 19 or 20 fret with dubious top end access . I  have a Mustang and nearly ran out of frets the other day!

Dean Evo?

1 hour ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Any recommendations for 24 fret shorties other than swb and Danelectro longhorn? They (shorties) mostly seem to be 19 or 20 fret with dubious top end access . I  have a Mustang and nearly ran out of frets the other day!

Ibanez EHB1000S.