Why become a member? ×

30v Power Supply - Tronographic Rusty Box

Jonesy

Heya, 

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in accessories & misc - apologies if it's in the wrong place! 

Does anyone know of a power brick that will put out the standard 9v as well as having a 30v option? I've had a look and can only find bricks with 9v, 12v, 15v etc, but no 30v option. 

I went to plug in my rusty box yesterday and got nothing back, thankfully it's only the power supply that's gone and I was just wondering if i could get some sort of a brick option rather than using 2 pu's........mostly because plugging in 1 thing is half the amount of work as plugging 2 things in 😂

Thanks! 

I've never seen one with a 30V out I'm afraid, it's not a standard voltage - the rusty box is the only pedal I know of that takes 30V DC in (a lot of other pedals run n 30V but they take 9V or 18V in and step it up internally). You could get one with 2 x 15V outputs and use a series cable to combine them into a 30V (has to be an isolated output brick for that to work).

• Like 1

Ah, amazing! Had no idea that you could mix and match and add multiple outputs to make up the 30v. Do they have to be equal voltage, or could I get away with using a 12v & 18v to make up the 30v? 

Its def a pain to have on a board, but I do love the Rusty Box!