Why become a member? ×

NBD - Sandberg California VM5

colleya

As posted on the Sandberg thread but I've waited a few days before posting as a NBD to give me time to have a good fettle and explore with this bass, and I'm delighted with it.

Bought on here from WillGatesBass after a few weeks of returning to the for sale boards to perv at it.

6 months old, matt virgin white, sandberg pre and pickups.  A shade under 4kg.

It's beautifully put together and looks the absolute business.  Controls are very sensitive, a little goes a long way.

I love the shallow neck and the action is really low, makes it super easy to play.  Can't wait until I'm allowed to play out with the band to try it out live.

Also a shout out to Eurosender. Insured delivery in about 24 hours for less than £30.

IMG_20200610_142218.jpg

IMG_20200610_142419.jpg

Edited by colleya
Pics
  • Like 8

57 minutes ago, MisterT said:

🤣

May I enquire as to where you got it?

It was my mum's. It had been in the house as long as I can remember.  When my first child was born she gave it to us with the idea that we could cut the legs down and use it as a feeding/story chair.  We got it re-covered at the same time.  I've got pics of both my kids from tiny babies on that chair (including possibly my favourite of them both together - see below) and I've spent countless hours sat there with them on my knee reading to them.

Basses come & go, but that chair is going nowhere.

2013-04-20 10.42.02.jpg

2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Does he not state that in paragraph 2 of the first post ? He “bought it on here from willgatesbass”

Calm down dear... I meant the chair 😉

I knew there'd be a great story behind that seat - fantastic taste 👍