Why become a member? ×

Ebay Moan

BillyHunt

23 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

And it’s the same person who has left both feedbacks, strange 🤔 did they buy it twice 

Its his pal shill bidding, or he has a 2nd account to shill bid it himself.

Judging by the fact that the idiot has left feedback twice for the same buyer before, and can be seen by anyone, i guess he's not too bright.  It also means he's paid ebay fees twice already, unless he cancelled both previous auctions

Trouble is with reporting this, the drop down boxes ebay provide dont fully list the option to explain things.  There used to be a comment box where you could detail the problem, but now its generic and i dont see any of the right options

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Trouble is with reporting this, the drop down boxes ebay provide dont fully list the option to explain things.  There used to be a comment box where you could detail the problem, but now its generic and i dont see any of the right options

Exactly. I've just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes trying to find the right option from those damned drop down boxes. Gave up in the end and sent an email to the Gentleman who responded to my original complaint.

I have left him negative feedback though.

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

Its his pal shill bidding, or he has a 2nd account to shill bid it himself.

Judging by the fact that the idiot has left feedback twice for the same buyer before, and can be seen by anyone, i guess he's not too bright.  It also means he's paid ebay fees twice already, unless he cancelled both previous auctions

Call, talk to a human, or do it on chat 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 13:46, Bill Wy,Aye,Man said:

You cant give negative feedback anymore, you have to leave positive feedback then leave a nasty comment

Thats illegal and Ebay will remove the comment at the other persons request and you would get a warning or worse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHunt said:

Exactly. I've just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes trying to find the right option from those damned drop down boxes. Gave up in the end and sent an email to the Gentleman who responded to my original complaint.

I have left him negative feedback though.

How did you manange that since payment wasnt made, and his feedback is still 100% as well

There's definitely something strange about him. He's got fourteen active listings with between three and nine days left to go on them and not one bid on anything. I know that's not out of the question but it seems odd, coupled with the same item selling multiple times, getting good feedback but being relisted again makes me think he's at best, just a bit thick but probably best avoided, at worst, a scamming knob'ead and probably best avoided. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maude said:

There's definitely something strange about him. He's got fourteen active listings with between three and nine days left to go on them and not one bid on anything. I know that's not out of the question but it seems odd, coupled with the same item selling multiple times, getting good feedback but being relisted again makes me think he's at best, just a bit thick but probably best avoided, at worst, a scamming knob'ead and probably best avoided. 

if he's scamming he's got me beat, not much of a scam is if he's not getting paid and paying ebay selling fees

1 minute ago, PaulWarning said:

if he's scamming he's got me beat, not much of a scam is if he's not getting paid and paying ebay selling fees

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to be a scam, but it also makes no sense if he's legit. I don't know. 

Cool saves me making my own thread.

Did a BIN last Sat on a bass at a very good price, new seller so was quite aware it was a bit risky (PayPal protection though).

Paid immediately, no contact from seller despite 3 emails from me. There are no contact details on eBay, I just have to wait till 23rd so I can open a case against them as i'm fairly confident it isn't going to show up. 

If it does though, you'll all be extremely jealous.

24 minutes ago, Machines said:

Cool saves me making my own thread.

Did a BIN last Sat on a bass at a very good price, new seller so was quite aware it was a bit risky (PayPal protection though).

Paid immediately, no contact from seller despite 3 emails from me. There are no contact details on eBay, I just have to wait till 23rd so I can open a case against them as i'm fairly confident it isn't going to show up. 

If it does though, you'll all be extremely jealous.

new seller? alarm bells, I've only had trouble on ebay a couple of times, both had very low feedback.

That's the other thing with fat-baby, says he's a dealer, with only 10 feedback? don't thing so.

30 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

new seller? alarm bells, I've only had trouble on ebay a couple of times, both had very low feedback.

I thought it was a 50/50 shot. They won't get the money though so it all seems a bit pointless.

1 minute ago, Machines said:

I thought it was a 50/50 shot. They won't get the money though so it all seems a bit pointless.

fair enough,  you've gone into it with your eyes open and are prepared to put up with the hassle and slight uncertainty of getting your money back 

Just now, PaulWarning said:

fair enough,  you've gone into it with your eyes open and are prepared to put up with the hassle and slight uncertainty of getting your money back 

Hassle yes, but I will definitely get my money back. Just might take a week or two.

32 minutes ago, BillyHunt said:

I had the option and so I left it but it's now been removed. It was there for a couple of hours.

It is very difficult to leave negative feedback on eBay these days for sellers, as prolific sellers we have people very occasionally leave us neutral/negative feedback. eBay themselves automatically remove it, you don't even have to request them do it for you nowadays.

Edited by sammybee

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I think It kinda defeats the object of feedback really, someone might be a bad seller and you wouldn’t know because they’ve only got good feedback, 

These day's eBay have far more sophisticated ways of promoting good sellers and hiding the bad ones. In fact it is pretty hard to be a bad seller on eBay, natural selection filters them out. Mostly :)

12 minutes ago, sammybee said:

These day's eBay have far more sophisticated ways of promoting good sellers and hiding the bad ones. In fact it is pretty hard to be a bad seller on eBay, natural selection filters them out. Mostly :)

although not would you'd call prolific, I've had very little trouble on ebay, mostly just a bit of hassle, only once did I feel I'd been cheated out of money, that was when I offered a part refund because the buyer said  goods were not as described, and that was to save the bother of paying return postage, find out the buyer had done the damage and then having to resell, should have known he had very low feedback, lesson learned