Why become a member? ×

Ebay Moan

BillyHunt

32 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

although not would you'd call prolific, I've had very little trouble on ebay, mostly just a bit of hassle, only once did I feel I'd been cheated out of money, that was when I offered a part refund because the buyer said  goods were not as described, and that was to save the bother of paying return postage, find out the buyer had done the damage and then having to resell, should have known he had very low feedback, lesson learned

High feedback buyers do this too, we have more than our fair share of people trying this one on. I've learned to always insist on a return & full refund rather than mess about with partial refunds. 9/10 if they have caused the damage, they won't bother sending them back. Feedback only really tells you how many transactions somebody has bothered to click the button on. On our ebay sales, probably less than 5% of buyers will leave feedback & I've given up leaving it for them. eBay these days is very safe for buyers, but is becoming more and more risky for sellers. On the plus side, buyers on eBay tend to pay a higher price for their goods :)

Edited by sammybee
  • Like 1

On 18/06/2020 at 12:26, Machines said:

Cool saves me making my own thread.

Did a BIN last Sat on a bass at a very good price, new seller so was quite aware it was a bit risky (PayPal protection though).

Paid immediately, no contact from seller despite 3 emails from me. There are no contact details on eBay, I just have to wait till 23rd so I can open a case against them as i'm fairly confident it isn't going to show up. 

If it does though, you'll all be extremely jealous.

Update - it didn't happen.

The seller refunded me on Friday with no explanation provided. It was a USA Stingray 5 (2008) with a Buy-It-Now price of £460, be fun if it had have arrived. I left negative feedback as clearly they were time wasters, but it somehow got removed. Sh*t happens.

36 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

no, this is stuff I'be just bought, but it is all from businesses as opposed to private sellers

The graphics opine that you've already given feedback; are you positive you haven't?
FWIW, I've given feedback to businesses up to and including yesterday, and the option is also open for a package I'm waiting for right now.

Edited by BassTractor

12 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

The graphics opine that you've already given feedback; are you positive you haven't?

no, never any option to give feedback, tbh it makes sense when a business has thousands of positive feedbacks, it's becomes more about the product than the businesses operating procedures

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

no, never any option to give feedback, tbh it makes sense when a business has thousands of positive feedbacks, it's becomes more about the product than the businesses operating procedures

Yeah, that seems to make sense.
I'm still wondering though, as a few weeks ago I gave feedback to a business with well over 200,000 positive feedbacks. Maybe you and I have different types of accounts, or the sellers do.
Well, live and learn.

1 minute ago, BassTractor said:

Yeah, that seems to make sense.
I'm still wondering though, as a few weeks ago I gave feedback to a business with well over 200,000 positive feedbacks. Maybe you and I have different types of accounts, or the sellers do.
Well, live and learn.

you may be on to something, I recently had to change my paypal account to business to receive payments from bandcamp

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

you may be on to something, I recently had to change my paypal account to business to receive payments from bandcamp

That could be something to do with it Paul, as I buy quite a bit from companies and Im always prompted by eBay to leave feedback 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulWarning said:

Ha. This sounds extra intriguing. Just a few days ago, eBay started badgering me about updating my card for payments, and telling me I had to update to a seller account to be able to update the card for receiving payments (which is not what I need at all) - which I thought was very stupid, so I delved and delved for hours before giving in and changing to a seller account. 
In the process I was also led to PayPal (I somehow doubted why eBay should be worried about my relationship with PayPal, but given their history together I concluded it was just a thing they do) before I finally could update my card on eBay.

I guess I haven't done everything in the most streamlined fashion, but I did get a strong feeling they're deliberately making some stuff difficult so as to lead you on the path they've set out for you. Trying to use their help pages was to no avail either, which strengthens that feeling.

Anyway, now I'm looking forward to the day when I'm to leave a feedback for a seller. Maybe the option is blocked even though it's visible for me.

Sorry for the length.

• Like 1

I posted this on vguitar.com after selling a Boss GP-10
It was only about 3 to 6 months old, in mint condition, working perfectly when it was despatched, really fast delivery, engaged with buyer when he was moaning that it hadn't appeared by noon as "that's when the Parcelforce van comes" checked the tracking that he could have done himself etc etc.

2 weeks later

14 Feb
The buyer ****** created a return *********
Order number

Reason for return
Doesn't work or is defective

Comments
Some sound doesnt play and required a GK3 pick Up.

14 Feb
You sent a message
Hi You asked me in our phone call whether there was a GK3 pickup and cable included. I said no, this version doesn't come with it and it clearly states that on the box, and in the manual, you knew you needed the pickup and cable to access the guitar modelling aspect of the unit. You were happy with it. I also told you you that the GK3 pickup was available separately on ebay. I also stated "no returns" in my auction. Seeing it was yourself who raised the question about the optional pickup you were fully aware that it was needed for some functions, yet you still wanted to go ahead with the sale. I'll copy this to ebay to see what they say about it, but I've been both honest and accommodating during this transaction and if you take a detailed look at my feedback you'll see that.

16 Feb
You sent a message
Why are you saying this is defective ? It said in my listing that in order to use the guitar models and tunings you needed a GK3B and a cable. You asked me in a phone call if it came with a GK3 and I said it didn't. Why didn't you say you didn't want it then ?

16 Feb
The buyer sent you a message
Some sound in the bank 90,91,92...doesn't play.

16 Feb
You sent a message
Do these patches have GTR in front of them ?

16 Feb
You sent a message
Can you give me the names and numbers of the patches please

16 Feb
You sent a message
Hi I see what you mean now. If you look up the back of the manual there's a section saying "Sound List". If you read it you'll notice patches from 91 etc onwards say "init" or are blank. These are for storing your own patches. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the unit.

17 Feb

17 Feb
You sent a message
I've just explained why those patches are empty and make no sound. You knew you'd need a GK3 for the tunings and guitar modelling. It was in my listing, and I also told you over the phone. Why are you claiming these things as defects ? I see from your feedback that you've had a Roland GR20, which works exactly the same regarding needing a GK3, so you were well aware of it.

17 Feb
I used to have roland gr 20 but came with gk3 but yours it is different. Your box is different from other gp10. Il looks take not original.

17 Feb
Your box looks fake compare to the original.

17 Feb
You sent a message
You're grasping at straws here. I still have the receipt from **********. No fake. What's really wrong here ? You said it said it needed a GK3. I pointed out it was in the listing and discussed it. You said patches 90 odd upward didn't work. I pointed out that they were left intentionally blank by Roland. I also referred you to the manual where it shows that. So what's really the matter ?

17 Feb
I am not satisfied with the product because I cannot not play all the sounds. I will return it for a refund.

17 Feb
You sent a message
The box is original. You're not satisfied because you have no GK3. SOME sounds can only be accessed with a guitar fitted with it. This was made clear in the original listing, the manual, by me, and you know that's how it works because you've had a GR20. Why did you buy it if you knew you wouldn't be satisfied ? First you complain about the GK3 access (which you know about), then you complain about the user patches (which are intentionally left blank), then you accuse the box of being fake. Did you read the listing ?

17 Feb
You sent a message
The unit does exactly what was stated in the listing. Why did you buy it if you knew it wouldn't satisfy you ? Did you just want to try one ? I'm genuinely interested.

17 Feb
You sent a message
If you are going to return my GP-10, I need to know it's in the same condition I sent it in, everything that was in the box is also returned in the same box. Also you need to pay for a Parcelforce 48. That's fair as I did the same for you. You can send me the tracking number. When it gets here, I'll inspect it, and if it's the same as it was when it was despatched I will give you a full refund.

By the last of it I was fed up. eBay wouldn't defend me. I looked up the guy's address with Google Earth.

It was a studio in London with CDs for sale, guitar lessons, and lessons in a particular type of Congolese music (I mention this only to give a clue to where the studio is...NOT because of any racial thing. He could be a Leprechaun playing Heavy Rock for all I care). 

I think basically he wanted my GP-10 for a recording. The thing is he has good feedback, mostly with regard to instrument sales as you would expect for somebody operating a small studio. Luckily it did come back undamaged and working perfectly after it's "Hire". I relisted at the same price and sold it to a very happy customer. I'm still baffled, but I don't think I'll be selling on eBay again.

If anyone wants his eBay handle drop me a PM.