Why become a member? ×

Ebay Moan

BillyHunt

I bid on a Trace Elliot AH300SMC. Starting price was £150 and I was the only bidder so I "won" it. Emailed the seller for a shipping quote and had nothing back. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left it a couple of weeks but then noticed it had been relisted for £200 so I messaged him again for a shipping quote. Again had no response so I reported him as a non performing seller.

Then all on the same day I got this "We have many used amps and items at various conditions of use. This amplifier is one of the higher quality items" followed by a shipping quote, then he cancelled my bid.

The Trace is in good nick but these things don't sell for big money. It's currently got no bids and the auction ends today so he's probably shot himself in the foot.

Can he now report me as a non payer?

Not expecting a solution really, just having a rant.

Edited by BillyHunt

Why didn't you ask if the seller ships before you bid?

If there was no mention of postage then you are at fault. If the seller had a postage price, and they don't post, they are at fault. Regardless, reporting anyone on eBay is useless - do you think the global company cares???

• Like 1

The listing stated he could ship it as does the relisting.

Why do you think I’d expect it to be shipped when it wasn’t offered in the listing?

The listing includes this plus a link to a courier. 

We can ship this item worldwide via UPS courier - fully tracked and insured to your door. We can usually ship next day in the UK.

Edited by BillyHunt

you can report him to ebay, they'll probably just give him a warning, but if he gets a few they'll suspend his account, that's what I was told when I reported someone for non payment of an item they'd won in an auction.

Is it this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trace-Elliot-AH-300-SMC-GP7-bass-amplifier/303587304493?hash=item46af36a42d:g:3SYAAOSwE0perh~y 

He's only got low feedback anyway so it's probably already happened to him

And what does refurbished mean a wipe over with a damp cloth?

• Like 1

They do it, ask for the complaints team, not just a regular phone person. I had to report someone for feedback extortion and they suspended her there and then - call at 8am on the dot and you should get straight through 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

If no money changed hands you cannot neg 

doing shipping quotes can take significant time to research, not saying he’s a good seller, or that you’re wrong 

I gave him three weeks to research it. I didn't think I was being too impatient

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BillyHunt said:

That looks like the same amp.What's going on there?

well that's what I was wondering, either somebody has left him feedback before for that amp and the buyer has sent it back or he's found a supply of AH300 SMC GP7's, unlikely I would think, whatever happened I think you may have dodged a bullet there

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Like 1

I had a buyer, who paid, then a couple days later changed his mind and demand a refund, on the same day the courier was to collect. I ended up having to cancel the courier and refund this guy. A real A-hole, but he did leave me positive feedback, relisted it, and sold it the next day, again, got feedback for the same item from the new buyer.

1 hour ago, PaulWarning said:

well that's what I was wondering, either somebody has left him feedback before for that amp and the buyer has sent it back or he's found a supply of AH300 SMC GP7's, unlikely I would think, whatever happened I think you may have dodged a bullet there

I think you could be right

1 hour ago, Bill Wy,Aye,Man said:

I avoid ebay like the plague, happy dealings are few and far between

I normally only buy low value stuff on there. I find the format makes it easy to find exactly what I want. This is the first time I've bid on anything of significant value. Having now realised what a bellend the seller is I don't think I'll be doing it again.

Just now, BillyHunt said:

I normally only buy low value stuff on there. I find the format makes it easy to find exactly what I want. This is the first time I've bid on anything of significant value. Having now realised what a bellend the seller is I don't think I'll be doing it again.

You cant give negative feedback anymore, you have to leave positive feedback then leave a nasty comment

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

All you can do is what you did, report him as a non selling seller.

I had the same with something I bought, except they flatly admitted they weren't selling it 'well, you can hardly expect me to sell it at that price'.

Yes you can, it’s an auction not a classified ad.

3 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

All you can do is what you did, report him as a non selling seller.

I had the same with something I bought, except they flatly admitted they weren't selling it 'well, you can hardly expect me to sell it at that price'.

Yes you can, it’s an auction not a classified ad. Should have put a reserve on it, or used gumtree 

Edited by Geek99

4 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

I left negative feedback the other day.  I had to tick lots of "are you really sure?" type boxes, but on it went.

That’s for a seller, sellers can’t give negative feedback even if the buyer is a Richard