Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Steinberger L2/XL2 Lined Fretless Transitional - OPEN TO CLOSE OFFERS!
£1800
Edinburgh

NikNik

1984 transitional model. Has the plug-in leg-rest hole (rest missing from bass when I purchased it), SS pickups but the XL string-retainer and bridge. Has VVT circuit. A very rare bass, indeed.

No issues whatsoever. Comes with tatty, black oblong case. No swaps or trades, please. Would prefer local pickup. 

Stein1.jpg

Steiny2.jpg

Steiny3.jpg

Steiny4.jpg

513202020125.jpg

Edited by NikNik
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yep, £500 and upwards a pop on eBay.  Even resellers like Headless USA acknowledge they’re almost always missing from L2s.   Having owned (and still miss) a couple of XL2s in my time, the latter flip rest works well and is, of course, impossible to lose,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2020 at 05:41, MattM said:

Yep, £500 and upwards a pop on eBay.  Even resellers like Headless USA acknowledge they’re almost always missing from L2s.   Having owned (and still miss) a couple of XL2s in my time, the latter flip rest works well and is, of course, impossible to lose,

There's a guy called And Dzuzik(?) on the Steiny Yahoo forum that knocks them up for about £70 for time to time. Faithful reproductions, too.

Nice bass! I bought my L2 in -81. After a year, the legrest broke, so I wrote Ned Steinberger a letter (!) and after a couple of weeks there was a new one in my postbox , free of charge. A fantastic sounding bass and an exceptionally reliable work horse. Glwts 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2020 at 17:09, wintoid said:

I'm guessing the leg rests are like rocking horse droppings?

Where do they go?

I've got a Spirit bass which is missing its rest.

There is someone (either ebay or FB) who has 3rd party ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic