Why become a member? ×

You can only keep 1!

bassfan

My BB734A for me... I also own a sandberg california II and a Spector rebop currently and have had an array of various fenders, rickenbacker, EBMM, ibanez et al over the years, but this is the one that punches well above it's weight and is categorically the best all rounder I've ever had. Blows me away every time I pick it up.

20191109_204720.jpg

• Like 3

Difficult decision, but if pushed my TBird. Really light, well balanced, lovely varied tones from the Thunderbuckers and the slimmest and nicest neck of any bass I own (the best has to be a Status but its not mine..... yet). I don't understand why people say it is only good for rock. I can do Larry Graham to Thin Lizzy and everything inbetween with ease. Beautiful piano like highs with rounds and thumpy as hell with flats. Plus, as far as I am concerned, it looks tremendous. 

IMG_20200615_081905.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

Choosing between my Shuker and Wal is like choosing between my kids. So I'm out.

I’d happy swap my child for a Shuker or Wal. Or even just a new battery for my preamp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I thank God I won't have to do this for real. 

I will never be parted from my Aria. I've had it forever. Its been through 3 marriages, 4 children and countless bands and day jobs with me. 

But I have another Aria. A later, semi acoustic model. No Matsumoko cachét, not particularly valuable. But my dad bought it for me, knowing it would be our final Christmas together. I can still feel my sense of shock (we're not a grand gesture gift family. A paperback and a bottle of beer was more our mark.) as I opened it, still see the tears in my father's eyes. 

Not a happy choice for me, I lose not just an awesome bass, but a lot of history when I leave that Pro 2 behind. 

• Like 6

My 'grab it if the house was on fire' bass is the one I actually play the least - my JV Squier Precision.  I've had something of a revolving door here when it comes to Precisions but I've had this longer than any other bass I've owned.  I had 2 JV basses for a while - the other was an early Fender logo one and as such more valuable.  But this is the one I kept.  Something special about the way it plays and the tone is everything I want from a P bass.  I changed the scratch plate from white and, soon after this pic, changed the bridge to a Schaller 3D as the neck is very slightly out of alignment.  There is also a subtle holographic figuring about the neck that is magical. In fact, I have just got it out of its case and will treat myself to some noodling on it.😍

JV01.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

My 'grab it if the house was on fire' bass is the one I actually play the least...

Ah, my save it from a burning house would be my Rob Allen MB2 (it was a tough choice picking my Elwood over the MB2).

DBD1B978-7000-42B1-8F63-CC86C5CB63A7.jpeg

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

Tough because I have two of sentimental value but this build is probably more so and a fantastic bass.

E60952E6-4657-405D-89E8-B681AC317EEB.jpeg

Ooh, that’s lurvley, what is that fretless beauty?

EDIT, oh, hang on, I see the logo on the pickups now. 

Edited by ezbass

Well, after nearly breaking my heart after a crippling neck break, and losing it for a good while for repair... it has subsequently rekindled my love of bass, made me focus on fretless, and taught me that actually you tend to bond with instruments very rarely.

After all that heartache it’s now become the very first instrument that I truly couldn’t ever part with...

B14B0B8A-B0AB-4434-964E-0B0F8BC9B234.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Well, after nearly breaking my heart after a crippling neck break, and losing it for a good while for repair... it has subsequently rekindled my love of bass, made me focus on fretless, and taught me that actually you tend to bond with instruments very rarely.

After all that heartache it’s now become the very first instrument that I truly couldn’t ever part with...

That is a heartwarming end to a long journey; glad to hear it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

+1 on what @ezbass said. After following your heart (and neck!) break last year, glad to see the Shuker is the 1! 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Nooo. I didn’t see that coming either. I’m sure it would have been the Sadowsky 

If you spent half the time, that me and Andy do, hanging around on the Yammy thread, you wouldn't be quite so surprised - I'm not! 😊

• Haha 1