Why become a member? ×

You can only keep 1!

bassfan

Thought it might be a bit of fun.... having been the owner of quite a few basses and acquired a couple of bucket listers ... I thought it would be nice to hear which of your collection you would keep and why. You simply love it? Your first bass? It’s an investment? 

Rules are simple. You must have owned it or currently own it (sellers regret welcome). 

I would keep my Status. It’s a 2019 S2, headed 4 string.  It plays like a dream. Sounds awesome with some fat lows on a 4 string! It’s just great as an all rounder. It’s light and it’s purple 

0DDA95A2-D60D-487A-BE33-75F1187D681D.jpeg

• Like 5

My 2015 black/black/maple US Fender Precision, no contest. Recorded our last 3 albums on it (two of which were voted 22nd best of the year albums in the punk genre in the years they were released) did my first few Rebellion Festivals and first few European tours with it. Too much sentimental value attached to it to ever move it on. I love all of my basses but that one also plays the best so aside from sentiment it’s my best bass as well.

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

My 2015 black/black/maple US Fender Precision, no contest. Recorded our last 3 albums on it (two of which were voted 22nd best of the year albums in the punk genre in the years they were released) did my first few Rebellion Festivals and first few European tours with it. Too much sentimental value attached to it to ever move it on. I love all of my basses but that one also plays the best so aside from sentiment it’s my best bass as well.

What band are you in Lozz?

That’s a really nasty question! 

P Basses are my soul-bass, so if I was still physically able to join a band it’d be my Lull PJ4 all day long. 

But as I’m a home player, it’d be my Stingray Special HH as it’s so versatile and Ray’s were my first love so it’s no hardship. 

089A5B10-1161-4CF7-B042-A87187D47B28.jpeg

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maude said:

They don't get a lot of love on here but mine would have to be my Variax. I love the neck on it and the versatility of tones wins over any others if I can only keep one. 

20200613_165738.thumb.jpg.a79880991e4a75752f63035ace97222f.jpg

Oof. That’s definitely not stock, is it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, therealting said:

Oof. That’s definitely not stock, is it?

No, I had little fiddle with it. 😁

There is a build thread but all the pictures disappeared in change of server. 

Basically reshaped headstock and scratchplate, added f hole, binding and bridge cover, and refinished in vintage white. 

🙂

• Like 2