Why become a member? ×

Another Signature Stingray

BassApprentice

Now as we know, there are hunners of Musicman signature guitar models - but the bass side has always been pretty limited for signature models. There was the Joe Dart one last year and now this  Mike Herrera (punk rock singer/bassist for MxPx - no, me neither) https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2020/06/10/ernie-ball-music-man-unveils-mike-herrera-stingray-bass/

So what do we think about Ernie Ball coming round to bass signature models? Couldn't care less? Will be cool to see what features they are willing to do for artists as the basses themselves are pretty widely used.

Tim Commerford would be cool....

image.thumb.png.17cfe6312d2c03045530f4bc6247bea7.png

Edited by BassApprentice

Not so keen on this one but I guess it will be made to order for MxPx fans. So, no business risk for EBMM.

I liked the idea behind the Joe Dart Sterling (except for the over-sized volume knob).

I was always hoping for a Timmy C Stingray sig like the one below (natural and black hardware). It probably will never happen, esp. now with the swamp ash crisis (no Stingray in natural finish available)

546664174_TimmyC.jpg.f1e0c5077c48b50a15f3684f1f6dcb40.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robertg43 said:

On a serious note I dont see the value in any signature instrument , I guess they have to get some money back what they are paying the artist  

I'm a fan if the artist in question has made some interesting tweaks from the standard models. I have a Status Chris Wolstenholme on order. I'm not a huge Muse fan, but I love Status basses and I like the different pickup positions and additional mid controls that his sig model has.

• Like 2

Same here with Sig’s - if they have changed something then cool, if it’s just a name stamped on a normal bass - rubbish.

For example Sandberg sig models are all slightly different from the standard line, pick up placements are ever so slightly changed for a different sound Compared to the standard model it will look like

• Like 1

And I cannot believe MM have not done a TC sig.

They do cool stuff like Albert Lee, St Vincent, Joe Petrucci, Lukaker - Tim and a Ray is pretty iconic, but maybe it’s because he uses his stock?

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mxm said:

Think they possibly missed a golden opportunity with a Flea sig many many years ago...

Funny how they didn't try and get one after he did his Jazz Bass, and then went on to make a jazz bass with a stingray/lane poor pickup. 

Must just not be part of the business model just now 🤷‍♂️ 

On 13/06/2020 at 17:45, Delberthot said:

They did do a limited edition Sledge bass a few years ago. I can't remember if it was Flea being a Richard or whatever but that was the reason there was no graphite neck Flea signature and instead he went to Modulus

co4b2yavkcgbcgqk7yud.jpg

The Sledge is a seriously sexy bass. Slab body and mine is fitted with flats. It usually goes out as a back up to 'Marilyn'. I say back-up; I usually always end up playing it anyway cos it's just so nice.

4795CEDD-6516-47DE-9DE3-F55AFE086615_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 5