Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£975
Netherlands

Really nice example; its rare to see one with the walnut pickup surrounds intact, so shows its been well looked after.    I have a fretless version and love it - great range of tones, plenty of growl, and ringing sustain - quite modern-sounding really for a 40+ year old design.    A boutique bass in its day, I think Nick Lowe used to play one.

• Like 3

The coolest bass I've seen in a long time!  I played one of these back in the late '70s in a shop: really different and great playability.  There was a lot of nonsense talked in the day about the aluminium implying that Kramer's would lose their tuning easily.

I've absolutely no need for this but I'd love it

• Like 2

Another Kramer (and Travis Bean) fan here. I also still have my 1979 Kramer 450B Fretless (which after looking closely seems to be an original fretless and not a defretted one) with the same colour hard case, but with the serigraphic logo. I also still own an original Stagemaster Imperial Bass, but do prefer the sound of the 450B...

It's quite well balanced when strapped and mine weights 4.5 kilos (next week I'm going to put a new set of Schaller lightweight tuners on it).

If I may post a picture here it is and no it's not for sale... ;)

369749736_Kramer450BFretless1979(2).thumb.jpg.60856759f393b0025edd4ccb77559e94.jpg

GLWYS !

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

Great Bass. I bought one for a Quo Tribute band I play in several years ago. Not a Travis like Alan Lancaster used but a great looking instrument. I would snap this up if I had the cash. 

Alan played a Kramer 350B too, as well as the Travis, as you probably knew.  The tone of the Kramer is unsurprisingly pretty close to the Travis Bean (I've also got a TB2000 and a Kramer 650B) but rather more user-friendly in terms of lighter weight, and the wood inserts on the rear of the neck which are warmer on the hands.    I've never understood why alu-neck Kramers weren't more popular; they're fantastic instruments. :i-m_so_happy:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Lovely, lovely bass..played one years ago in the 70's, borrowed from a friend for a gig at Dial House WMC in South Yorkshire while my Jazz as being repaired.

Fantastic tone through an old Orange amp and a Hiwatt cab...but seemed to remember it was a bit neck heavy..

Did I dream that??

8 hours ago, Woody1957 said:

Lovely, lovely bass..played one years ago in the 70's, borrowed from a friend for a gig at Dial House WMC in South Yorkshire while my Jazz as being repaired.

Fantastic tone through an old Orange amp and a Hiwatt cab...but seemed to remember it was a bit neck heavy..

Did I dream that??

Maybe just heavy overall.

I was expecting the one I got to be neck heavy, but it balance pretty well.

15 hours ago, ped said:

Cool bass. Out of interest what’s the relief like on the neck? Assume it has no truss rod (like all the best basses)

ped

Indeed @ped there's no truss rod and the relief is like the one on your Vigier, so almost dead straight. My 450B fretless has 30~90 strings gauge for the moment (I can't remember why I put these), but 45~105 almost doesn't change the relief. Really great basses, totally underrated.

• Like 2

Just now, Hellzero said:

Indeed @ped there's no truss rod and the relief is like the one on your Vigier, so almost dead straight. My 450B fretless has 30~90 strings gauge for the moment (I can't remember why I put these), but 45~105 almost doesn't change the relief. Really great basses, totally underrated.

Interesting, thanks. I'd like to hear some good sound samples but YT doesn't have anything decent - there's one clip but the sound of both pickups sounds out of phase or something and I also want to hear one slapped!

13 minutes ago, ped said:

Interesting, thanks. I'd like to hear some good sound samples but YT doesn't have anything decent - there's one clip but the sound of both pickups sounds out of phase or something and I also want to hear one slapped!

That's a bit harsh @ped

Why - what's it done wrong? 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

That's a bit harsh @ped

Why - what's it done wrong? 😁

It's wasted my morning going down the bass vid rabbit hole, that's what!

Actually the clip is quite good, the bloke seems cool and down't waffle on endlessly. Especially I like the sound right at the end:

• Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic