Why become a member? ×

Dee Dee Ramone's P Bass - Auction

James Nada

I only joined this forum a few weeks ago, but it's pretty clear to see there are some proper snobby musos on here!

I'm so glad I love all sorts of music and love it for what it is, rather than look down on some of it from my ivory tower 😉

Anyone who says the Ramones didn't have a huge impact on music (especially punk/new wave/rock) and inspired generations of future musicians in general, are either seriously misinformed or slating it purely to get a reaction imho.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bill Wy,Aye,Man said:

I think that's because Tony Zemaitis knows that if he makes yet another Precision clone it wont be a Zemaitis original, the same reason we dont all drive round in a red Focus 1.6 L

I don`t think he will make another P clone or anything else as the man sadly passed on a few years ago.

:sad:

Edited by jezzaboy

On 12/06/2020 at 20:41, James Nada said:

I'd be all over this if I had $40k going spare

40k, you say? It sold for $93,438.75 (includes buyer's premium). What's that in $ per cc of sweat? 🥴

3 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

😲 some people really do have too much spare cash 

Yeah, and we've all seen the tens of millions spent on absolute stinky poo labelled as modern art!

On 16/06/2020 at 20:10, Bassybert said:

Or just maybe that he plays what the song needs rather than what it doesn't?

But I thought everyone knew that With Or Without You should have a bubbling 16th ghost-noted bassline with some fierce slap in the chorus. 😉😂

• Haha 4