Why become a member? ×

Usage Marks on Modulus FU

22 hours ago, Pedro_Mendonca said:

I managed to find a Modulus Funk Unlimited (Orange Sparkle like I want)
Should I try to find another one? 

I seriously doubt you’ll easily find another. As the post above says, get something that is a close match. The marks are in discrete areas, and trust me, having owned a sparkle FB4 the rest of the bass will have your eyes popping out :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiliwailer said:

If it’s got a SD pickup (not sure if the LP pickups came with the truss rod versions?), Aguilar preamp and Badass Bridge,, with case, then I’d say up to £2500 as it’s a rare sparkle finish. 

It's with some serious trepidation that I choose to disagree with Dan on anything related to bass, but here goes......

It's is of no consequence what we think, it's the value of the bass to you that matters. I decided I wanted a Flea Bass a while back, and specified a budget - higher than the figure mentioned above - because they are now VERY hard to get hold of. Why? Because apart from a few dopaminergic characters on this forum (who generally, like me, end up buying them back anyway*), most people who own a Modulus Flea don't want to part with it, because they're THAT good. For some reason, you can pick up the 5-string versions pretty cheap compared to the 4-string (I wonder if that's the Flea effect, I never saw him playing the former), but if you want a 4-string, and you want it in good condition, you won't have too many to choose from, and you might have to take a big risk in import duties etc in buying from, for example a Japanese dealer (who list them at £4,000+) or a US eBayer (which in my experience can also be VERY risky). Whilst Covid-19 might force a few people to part with theirs for financial reasons, with Flea's it's always going to be a seller's market, especially for some reason the sparkly ones :)

So, if this bass is one you can inspect in person, is from someone you trust (I was very lucky on both fronts with my recent purchase because I ordered the bass new fro Modulus in 2007 and it was being sold by one of the most trusted guts on this forum), and is the spec you want, you'll only regret it if you let a couple of hundred Euros stop you buying it. YMMV etc etc :) 

Good luck mate. 

* And sometimes selling them again and buying them back a second time

• Like 3