Why become a member? ×

Ashdown RM 220

Stofferson

Hello!

I've still got an RM800 and it's bloody marvellous. The RM220 is the original generation head and uses the old (Class AB) EB180 power section I believe so it's heavier than the Class D stuff. Some improvements have occurred since then, such as the drive control on the EVO/EVOii models having more grit.

TBH if you're thinking of one as a backup head there's nothing wrong with it at all but I'd consider stretching to an RM500 or RM800 :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Merton said:

Hello!

I've still got an RM800 and it's bloody marvellous. The RM220 is the original generation head and uses the old (Class AB) EB180 power section I believe so it's heavier than the Class D stuff. Some improvements have occurred since then, such as the drive control on the EVO/EVOii models having more grit.

TBH if you're thinking of one as a backup head there's nothing wrong with it at all but I'd consider stretching to an RM500 or RM800 :)

Thanks dude, I wondered if there was much difference in the different power section's haha, let's not open that can of works lol just saw a 220 on eBay for cheap lol 

1 hour ago, Stofferson said:

Thanks dude, I wondered if there was much difference in the different power section's haha, let's not open that can of works lol just saw a 220 on eBay for cheap lol 

If its really cheap I might put a class d amp in it lol. If its the one at £199 it looks a little dear to me.

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

If its really cheap I might put a class d amp in it lol. If its the one at £199 it looks a little dear to me.

I sent an offer, probably expired now, I'll maybe hold off incase an 800 comes up 

• Like 1