Why become a member? ×

The blackest Bass in the world?

dave_bass5

Looks really cool. However, Lakland's John Pirruccello says about the new Lakland Skyline 4464 GZ (Geezer Butler signature model):
"What can I say. It is very black. Can't get much more black than this" (1:11). A nod to Spinal Tap, I guess 😎

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Looks really cool. However, Lakland's John Pirruccello says about the new Lakland Skyline 4464 GZ (Geezer Butler signature model):
"What can I say. It is very black. Can't get much more black than this" (1:11). A nod to Spinal Tap, I guess 😎

That too is lovely, although I’m very much drawn to the non gloss look these days. Is that like a black Duck Dunn with embellishments? The neck looks nice and slim. 

Just been raiding the Maruszczyk configurator and this comes out at €1,230.  I guess the PJ would be similar.  It is a matt finish even though it looks a bit shiny.

2119313130_ElwoodC1230.thumb.png.6ef2b5dcde1a37524da122ef6a5817d8.png

Edited by ead
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ead said:

Just been raiding the Maruszczyk configurator and this comes out at €1,230.  I guess the PK would be similar.  It is a matt finish even though it looks a bit shiny.

2119313130_ElwoodC1230.thumb.png.6ef2b5dcde1a37524da122ef6a5817d8.png

I quite like the black but worth a few bits of chrome look, but its the style of finish on the body that really appeals to me. 

4 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

We can sit and eat it on the step 😂😂

Yup that's exactly what I was thinking. And I do eat mine with a knife and fork (you'll be pleased to hear).

Anyway back to the thread, 'cos black basses matter; here's my (well actually more accurately my other half's) first ever bass:

Aria Pro (Sara's).JPG

It's pretty black, just needed to swap the bridge and the tuners!

Edited by Al Krow

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yup that's exactly what I was thinking. And I do eat mine with a knife and fork (you'll be pleased to hear).

Anyway back to the thread, 'cos black basses matter; here's my (well actually more accurately my other half's) first ever bass:

Aria Pro (Sara's).JPG

Oh nice, i had something very similar in the 80s. Mine was blue burst, which is  still my fav colour today (hence loving my Sandblasted P).

Edited by dave_bass5

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Aria Pro (Sara's).JPG

You’re missus plays bass?? You kept that quiet! 

Funny thing was that it was a PJ bass, and it was only a while after I had moved it on (the missus tells me she's not happy I did that, but she hadn't touched it in 15 years!) that I came to realise that the PJ basses are where it's at!

Just now, Al Krow said:

Funny thing was that it was a PJ bass, and it was only a while after I had moved it on (the missus tells me she's not happy I did that, but she hadn't touched it in 15 years!) that I came to realise that the PJ basses are where it's at!

Yeah. although PJ’s have been around for years, you cant miss them now. Still dont use that rear pup lol.