Why become a member? ×

Manchester venues fundraiser

Dankology

Apologies if this counts as an illegal advert - please delete if so.

I'm involved with a series of fundraising compilations on Bandcamp to raise money for five small Manchester venues that are under threat of permanent closure due to the Covid-19 restrictions. The venues are the Castle, the Eagle Inn, Gullivers, Night People and the Rose and Monkey - I suspect I won't be the only person here to have played a few of these places and/or to have seen many gigs in them.

Each weekly compilation features 10 exclusive tracks  many from our favourite local acts and several from touring artists. A lot of them have been recorded live in the very venues we are supporting.

The first compilation came out last Friday and is available here:
...for a minimum donation of £5. The next installment goes live this coming Friday.
Please dig deep and share the link far and wide: small venues are the lifeblood of new music - and if we lose them now, you can be certain that they will be gone forever.
Edited by Dankology

Volume 2 came out today and features live and/or exclusive tracks from:

Stefan Melbourne (We Were Strangers)
Piney Gir
Damon & Naomi (Galaxie 500)
Charlotte Carpenter
Blue Rose Code
Chloe Èleanor Jones
Angel Snow
Amy Studt
Lyla Foy
Audrey's Dance

Please have a look, consider spending the £5 minimum donation and sharing the link with anyone that loves grassroots live music.

https://lockdownlive.bandcamp.com/album/lockdown-live-volume-2

Volume 3 is out today and features exclusive live tracks from:

Emmas (previously Bird)
Black Honey
LIINES
The Red Stains
The Seamonsters
Hamell On Trial
Peter Perrett (the Only Ones)
The Distractions
Thugs On Wolves
Joan the Wad

-the last of these is my own band :)

£5 gains you access to all of this fine music as well as the sense of wellbeing that only comes from supporting some of the country's most fertile small venues.

https://lockdownlive.bandcamp.com/album/lockdown-live-volume-3

• 1 month later...

We're now onto Volume 9 of these weekly compilations of live and otherwise exclusive tracks in support of independent Manchester music venues. I'm particularly thrilled with this one as it features a live track from the Meat Puppets, one of my favourite bands of all time.

All the previous volumes remain available on Bandcamp, where you can stream all 90 tracks collected thus far before considering dropping some money into the pot...

https://lockdownlive.bandcamp.com/album/lockdown-live-volume-9

We've put some of the more, er, difficult to categorise music on this one so might not be to all tastes. If that's the case, jump to Volume 7 where we put some of our favourite singer songwriters 🐵