Why become a member? ×

Mad

fleabag

Just found this by accident, and of course it's Tears For Fears  Curt Smith and daughter Diva  doing a lockdown rendition of Mad World.

She's very competent ,  and  a very appropriate track right now

• Like 8

8 hours ago, fleabag said:

I was wondering what the bass is  ?

Inaudible and an utter waste of time, if the majority here are to be believed. 😉

I wouldn't know on either count but I'd imagine the pride and joy you'd feel by one of your children learning, enjoying and sharing with you a song you've written would outweigh even the biggest of concerts. Lovely to watch. 🙂

• Like 2

On 11/06/2020 at 08:02, Maude said:

Inaudible and an utter waste of time, if the majority here are to be believed. 😉

I wouldn't know on either count but I'd imagine the pride and joy you'd feel by one of your children learning, enjoying and sharing with you a song you've written would outweigh even the biggest of concerts. Lovely to watch. 🙂

My sentiments exactly.

His daughter has a lovely voice too.

• Like 1

Re the bass being inaudible, I've just used my iPad’s headphone socket and played the clip through an amp, and the bass sounds good.

I’ve done some ‘spare bedroom’ recordings (bass amp’d) on my phone/iPad, and the bass is inaudible if played back just on the phone.  But played back through the amp, it’s fine.  I suppose it’s because the phone/iPad speakers don’t ‘do’ bass.

32 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

Re the bass being inaudible, I've just used my iPad’s headphone socket and played the clip through an amp, and the bass sounds good.

I’ve done some ‘spare bedroom’ recordings (bass amp’d) on my phone/iPad, and the bass is inaudible if played back just on the phone.  But played back through the amp, it’s fine.  I suppose it’s because the phone/iPad speakers don’t ‘do’ bass.

Absolutely, I was being sarcastic about most folks on here say an acoustic bass is a waste of time, and yet here we are enjoying one. I actually think acoustic basses are great and totally useable. 

Totally agree on the sound quality of bass on phones and laptops. You have to use decent speakers or headphones to make a recording anything other than a tinny caterwauler........

.......... unless you're listening to slap bass, there's no saving that. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1