Why become a member? ×

Dr Scientist Dusk filter

Quatschmacher

i posted this in the IYCOC1F thread yesterday, but iots probably more logical to put here...

Dusk demo here dusk demo.mp3

1. clean bass - fender jazz elite 5 passive mode, both pickups full. 95% tone

2. dusk env mode - filter at 11 and resonance at 3. internal trim sens +1/4 turn

3. dry gated fuzz (fairydance - Farting rainbow)

4. gated fuzz into env mode

5. gated fuzz into env mode 2

6. clean into sine LFO

7. clean into sine LFO 2

8. (and on.... )messing with the expression controll

• Like 1

just reading the manual again in depth and realise now that this is capable of subdeviding the LFO speed with Midi CC. Thus making my quest for live (in time) dubstep bass sounds that little bit easier!

image.png.fed7e88c03e8e23fef3dfc022bd73656.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

just reading the manual again in depth and realise now that this is capable of subdeviding the LFO speed with Midi CC. Thus making my quest for live (in time) dubstep bass sounds that little bit easier!

image.png.fed7e88c03e8e23fef3dfc022bd73656.png

Yep, assign that particular CC to an expression message on your MC6 and away you go - you can even limit the range at either or both ends to tailor which subdivisions are accessible. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

47 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Yep, assign that particular CC to an expression message on your MC6 and away you go - you can even limit the range at either or both ends to tailor which subdivisions are accessible. 

I was thinking one button per cc value?

Would it be possible to set it up to have 6 subdivisions accessible?

Edited by GisserD

4 hours ago, GisserD said:

I was thinking one button per cc value?

Would it be possible to set it up to have 6 subdivisions accessible?

Should be possible. The reason I suggested via expression is that I've heard it done where the player sweeps through subdivisions 8th-8th triplet-16th. You could do it both ways - buttons and pedal.

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I checked this on their website, and the blurb says it can save presets, but i dont see the buttons / switches for scrolling through them

The bypass button acts as a preset button after its been held. 4 onboard presets.

For 123 more...Theres a midi port on the side. You have to send it PC messages

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fleabag said:

Thats good to know. One thing, i dont see a display so how do you know which preset you've selected ?

For the onboard ones I believe the leds have different colours corresponding to the different presets. For ones via MIDI, most controllers will have a display to show what you’re sending. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Snap it up!!! 145 new is a ryt bargain! 

I'll likley be moving mine on due to recent purchases :)

Haha, that's a bit like my wife saying she saving a load of money when buying another 3 extra handbags because they were 15% off.  

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, HoorayForAnonyms said:

I have the Dusk and would love to a/b it against your Xerograph….but I’m Reading based so not exactly close by!

Was there something in particular you wanted to find out about with the Dusk. I use mine almost exclusively as a low pass filter with expression pedal. 

Jay

I really just want a tonal comparison, and to try out the LFO section.

How about I send you my Xero for a week, you test them out, then you send them both to me for a week, then I return the Dusk and we compare notes.

Drop me a PM if that appeals!

• Like 1