Why become a member? ×

Confused? What to buy

Fil1ip

Hello all,

I really want to buy a new bass but just don't know what to buy (first world problems)

A little background info: a few years ago 2004ish I bought a P bass 'cheap brand' then traded it in for an epiphone les Paul bass. 2005ish I bought a USA highway one P bass and kept it for a few years until I had to sell it in 2010. 

Fast forward to 2019 I bought a mark Tremonti PRS guitar to try out but soon after I went back to wanting a bass so I bought a Vintage bass from a lad at work for little money to try it back out.

I have now sold the PRS and only have the vintage bass but really fancy a something else.

I have been offered a fender MIM p bass with 1/4 pounders and hard case for £425 but I also fancy something a little different. I have looked at various basses and different companies but not sure if to buy a mim or hold out for a USA or try a different brand etc I like the look of the Yamaha bb734. I don't want to spend a fortune as I am not very good as of yet but I would like to buy a bass that will keep me interested and that I would like to keep for a while if not for ever 

Thank you 

Phil 

54 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

I think that you should buy a Yamaha BB734 as well, in the best looking black colour! In fact there may just be a really nice s/h one in the classified at the moment....:ph34r:

Good advice, been really tempted by that myself.

• Thanks 1