Jump to content
Steve Browning

New Mesa Subway head

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Posted my feelings of disappointment on Talkbass forum and got this reply from Agedhorse:

"Bummer for those in Europe, but I know there have been some (serious) COVID related parts delays on some products on the guitar side of things that have held up some shipments. Since the shipments are containerized, a delay in the guitar products also affects the bass products unfortunately.

Everybody here is (very) sorry for these delays, we aren’t happy about it either. It’s inconvenient for everyone concerned."

Interesting and thanks for passing that on. I guess my (harsh) response that they shouldn't then offer goods for sale (and take the money). Similarly, I was told my amp was being built on 4th August so there has been plenty of time to let me (and others) know the score.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Interesting and thanks for passing that on. I guess my (harsh) response that they shouldn't then offer goods for sale (and take the money). Similarly, I was told my amp was being built on 4th August so there has been plenty of time to let me (and others) know the score.

The correct procedure (in fact the only one given Mesa don't know who their export end-customers are) would be for them to inform the first link in their supply chain (either the distributor or major retailer), who could then pass explanations on.  Of course, Mesa may have done exactly that and the info just didn't get forwarded to us customers.  In my experience, the big retailers aren't great communicators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Browning said:

Interesting and thanks for passing that on. I guess my (harsh) response that they shouldn't then offer goods for sale (and take the money). Similarly, I was told my amp was being built on 4th August so there has been plenty of time to let me (and others) know the score.

Yep, I don’t buy that at all either Steve, delays in supply chain can’t be communicated as an excuse months after you’ve been told your unit is actually under construction. Someone’s telling porkies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Mesa also have a social media presence and a  post explaining the delays would have managed expectations. 

I wonder if early US buyers have their units? What’s the news on TB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beedster said:

I wonder if early US buyers have their units? What’s the news on TB? 

The TT-800 topic started on TB at the beginning of June, at which point a couple of 'industry insider' forum members were already posting their comments and pic's based on playing pre-production/early production units.  The first TB 'ordinary' member ordered on June 8 and product was available to ship from Mesa's flagship Hollywood store from mid-June.  Seems like all the active posters who wanted to own - or try - one were able to do so 2 or 3 months ago and fall into 3 groups.  A few tried and decided to stick with their Carbine, D800+ or (Walkabout-based) WD-800; a few bought a TT-800 and kept their Carbine or WD-800 (both offer a different tonal flavour from the Bass 400+/D800 combo available on TT-800); the majority are loving the TT and getting more from this one amp than they've ever got from any other.  Obviously this is just a snapshot of the knowledgeable 'early-entrant' Talkbass punters, most of whom were already Mesa fans.  Don't know how things have rolled out across the US as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 01/10/2020 at 06:58, scrumpymike said:

I'm guessing that they'll export in consolidated consignments to keep costs down so yours may well be waiting until they have enough to make up a shipment.

This could certainly be part of it, though I have heard from players in the EU who have received their Subway amps (including a few TT's) so it's possible that a limited number of amps from earlier shipments were already sold. Just because a shipment enters the country doesn't mean that it hasn't been sold to another customer who was already waiting, I don't know how dealers manage waiting lists.

I don't have this information, and it's not really my area. I am trying my best to be helpful and provide honest, transparent information. Obviously I am sometimes wrong or miss an important detail, but I can assure you that it's not intentional on any level.

I do understand everybody's disappointment, really. 

Edited by agedhorse
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 01/10/2020 at 22:35, Steve Browning said:

This is true. Over the years I know of several people who have bought Boogie gear because of the sound of my rig.

A good chum is a Boogie endorsee so I am pursuing other avenues. 

Steve - I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said "your" amp because there's no way for me to know which particular amp you might end up with. I should have said "amps destined for Europe". My appologies.

Edited by agedhorse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem. Your input is always very much appreciated. I suspect we have a pretty much identical love of the brand. 

Things may be taking a spectacular turn but I will keep quiet in case I jinx it.

I did let my disappointment get the better of me but my allegiance is as strong as ever. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. Things have taken a spectacular turn.

With the assistance of an exceedingly good chum (a Mesa endorsee) and the artist relations chap in the US, I am now super proud to be an official Mesa Boogie endorsee.

I'm a bit too stunned to add anything to that!!

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Browning said:

Well. Things have taken a spectacular turn.

With the assistance of an exceedingly good chum (a Mesa endorsee) and the artist relations chap in the US, I am now super proud to be an official Mesa Boogie endorsee.

I'm a bit too stunned to add anything to that!!

Nice one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Well. Things have taken a spectacular turn.

With the assistance of an exceedingly good chum (a Mesa endorsee) and the artist relations chap in the US, I am now super proud to be an official Mesa Boogie endorsee.

I'm a bit too stunned to add anything to that!!

Nice one! All as it should be Steve :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Well. Things have taken a spectacular turn.

With the assistance of an exceedingly good chum (a Mesa endorsee) and the artist relations chap in the US, I am now super proud to be an official Mesa Boogie endorsee.

I'm a bit too stunned to add anything to that!!

I do hope that doesn't mean you'll get a TT-800 before I do 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those wondering why all manufacturers are experiencing delays, here are a couple of good shipping industry articles that outline the specific issues being encountered, and why:

https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/will-container-shipping-reliability-come-back/

https://theloadstar.com/blanked-sailings-and-covid-19-bounce-back-bring-new-congestion-at-ports/

What we are seeing more shipments (both inbound to us outbound to Europe) being delayed for a variety of reasons, but primarily from canceled sailings where the shipping line simply eliminates a ship's trip and consolidates those containers on a later shipment. Since ships do not leave every day, and in fact they can leave every other week between some ports, resulting in accumulated delays if two trips get canceled back to back.

This makes predicting anything related to delivery more and more difficult (and frustrating to everybody concerned, including us).

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, agedhorse said:

For those wondering why all manufacturers are experiencing delays, here are a couple of good shipping industry articles that outline the specific issues being encountered, and why:

https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/will-container-shipping-reliability-come-back/

https://theloadstar.com/blanked-sailings-and-covid-19-bounce-back-bring-new-congestion-at-ports/

What we are seeing more shipments (both inbound to us outbound to Europe) being delayed for a variety of reasons, but primarily from canceled sailings where the shipping line simply eliminates a ship's trip and consolidates those containers on a later shipment. Since ships do not leave every day, and in fact they can leave every other week between some ports, resulting in accumulated delays if two trips get canceled back to back.

This makes predicting anything related to delivery more and more difficult (and frustrating to everybody concerned, including us).

I'm loving this site as an alternative economics site, from a bunch of very diverse people who just happen to have one thing in common (a love of things 4/5/6.....string)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...