Why become a member? ×

Markbass Little Marcus, what's the deal..

wildebassman

7 hours ago, fretmeister said:

At the moment I seem to be using my P with roto flats a lot. Just sounds perfect to me.

I have roto flats on my P bass too; it did sound good out of the Little Marcus and one10 yesterday, really smooth.

8 hours ago, BillyBass said:

Ordinarily I wouldn't buy blind, but its lockdown.  I was umming and arring between the Genzler Magellan 350, the Darkglass 500 and the Markbass.  I thought I might end up wanting a bit more headroom than the Genzler would provide.  The Darkglass does have built in dirt, but I would rather have that in pedal form, and the Darkglass Footswitch costs another £89, which makes it £260 more than the Markbass, not bad value if you want the Darkglass pedals, but I wasn't sure I did.  Then there is the outstanding EQ section in the Markbass.

I did read your previous posts about your rig, as you seem to be the only other bassist out there with the one10 and Little Marcus, so thanks for posting your opinions.

My first impressions are good.  I am only playing it at quiet volumes at home but I have had to dial the 65Hz and 180Hz knobs down a bit; the room is concrete floored with painted walls and not much in the way of soft furnishings.  In a couple of days I'll take it out to my shed and turn the volume up a bit.

And yes, my basses sound different with it, more so than with my Elf (I have mim Fenders; a P and a J ).

Enjoy! Didn't work out for me but your combination of amp and cab is different.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wildebassman said:

Enjoy! Didn't work out for me but your combination of amp and cab is different.

I read your posts above.  You must have had a dud.  I get no hiss but there is minor fan noise, I say minor as it is much quieter than my Trace Elliot Elf fan noise.