Why become a member? ×

Help with buyer

Hi all, so about 30 minutes ago someone from Ebay collected my Flightcase for a mark bass 104hf. He then returned 5 minutes later complaining that there was no cab in the case. Despite the advert specifically saying multiple times that it's just the flightcase and not the cab. He refuses to take it and leaves it outside my house and drives off. He paid for it a week or so ago over PayPal. The advert also says no returns accepted. What should I do?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114234841919

Granted the cab is in the picture but the description is very clear.

I was advised to use PayPal due to the covid-19 issue of cash on collection. He also bought a Marshall cab and head, he took those but refused the flightcase.

He thought that he'd managed to buy a mark bass 104hf with flightcase for £100 ?

Sounds like he is in the wrong, but sometimes you have to be pragmatic.  I can't see that it's worth the hassle of somehow forcing him to buy it (if that is even possible).  I would return his money via PayPal, and re-list the case.  Maybe remove the photo of the cab from the listing, as rightly or wrongly it's caused some confusion - just put a photo of the case itself.

I will attempt to fight my case with eBay as in my eyes, he's fully in the wrong. But knowing eBay i'l have to refund and take negative feedback. The guy said that he didn't read the description when he bought it so that places him even more in the wrong surely.

21 minutes ago, maidens97 said:

I will attempt to fight my case with eBay as in my eyes, he's fully in the wrong. But knowing eBay i'l have to refund and take negative feedback. The guy said that he didn't read the description when he bought it so that places him even more in the wrong surely.

It does place him in the wrong, but it is hearsay. I am currently going through it with eBay and although they can see that I am right in what I say, there isn't anything they can do about it as rules are rules

If you refund the sale doesn't go through and there is no transaction to leave negative feedback on? You'll get a black mark for an incomplete sale though.

Just looked at the advert, you need to make it clear from the pics only - ie if the cab isn't included but its on the picture, put a label on the picture. Or better still, not have it on the pics at all.

you can put no returns on ebay adverts but it makes no difference at all. poxy evil bay will always side with the buyer in 99.99 % of cases. even if the seller is a complete baboon and reads the advertisement off a smart phone which is usually the case these days so they never actually read the whole advert! i just sold a broken printer as spares or repairs all clearly marked as "this thing does not work!!!" when it arrived the seller asks me where the charger??? is so he can check it works ok!!!!!! and then i have to pay postage to get it back from the f***ing moron!!!

You can't put "no returns" to cover (undeclared) faulty or SNAD items; it's just covering goodwill returns.

However, I'd say the listing was pretty clear that it was just the flightcase and the misunderstanding was on the buyer's part.

eBay massively favours the buyer. 

If you sold the flight case, and he came to inspect, and for whatever reason decided not to buy (or in your case returned 5 minutes later) eBay will absolutely side with him. When being paid by PayPal the buyer has the right to returns even if you state 'no returns'. Same rights as a buyer purchasing from a shop.

The plus side here is that he probably thought he got the steal of the century, I mean a flight case with a Markbass 4x10 for £100? THAT is a great deal! 

His idiocy of not reading the full ad will likely be a lesson learnt for him. 

You did nothing wrong, he just didn't read the advert. Happens I'm afraid! 

Maybe take photos without the cab just so no foolish fool can make the same mistake!

• Like 1

You're lucky he didn't stitch you up completely. 

He could've paid you through PayPal, taken the case and after a week or so opened an 'item not received' dispute with PayPal, and as you cannot prove he has it, no courier or post office receipt, then they would take the money out of your bank and refund him. Leaving him with the case and his money. 

Chalk it up to experience and move on. 🙂

• Like 2

When you buy or sell on Ebay,  treat everyone as the lowest common demoninator. You wont get any surprises that way. After 18 years with an Ebay account, i think i've found all of them

I wouldnt have put a pic of the cab along with the case just because of the hard of thinking that prowl Ebay. And you found one. 

Lesson learned though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got into the practice of creating two copies of a receipt of sale and collection, with photographs of the item and serial numbers, and asking the buyer to sign for collection and I sign for sale. I tell them straight that it protects both of us, and gives them something to show the insurance in the event of the item being stolen.

Everyone has been very happy to sign, though one chap I didn't entirely trust and I discretely photographed his car on my drive as well. (Not this item btw)

Screenshot_20200626-214414_OneDrive.jpg

Edited by Richard R
typo.
  • Like 1