Why become a member? ×

Fender Allparts P neck SOLD
£170
Hexham

Now £150 posted.

Up for grabs a Fender Allparts maple P neck. 42mm nut.  Has had a painted headstock but been sanded back to maple ( still some overspray inside tuner holes )

Bought for a project but decided on rosewood instead. Price includes U.K. post.

EAC776C5-F9CC-4DF5-9A5F-1628F80BCAC4.jpeg

A2662D97-3541-433E-9B3B-AD576B203F9D.jpeg

Edited by walshy

I've got an All Parts neck on my 72 Jazz as the truss rod is gone on the original. I have to say that after a little professional work on the frets it plays really well and though I'd like to reunite the body with it's original neck I'm not sure it would be an improvement even if I could sort out the truss rod. I still can't bring myself to sell the old neck just in case.

GLWTS

5 hours ago, Apeneck Sweeney said:

I've got an All Parts neck on my 72 Jazz as the truss rod is gone on the original. I have to say that after a little professional work on the frets it plays really well and though I'd like to reunite the body with it's original neck I'm not sure it would be an improvement even if I could sort out the truss rod. I still can't bring myself to sell the old neck just in case.

GLWTS

72, that would be back to a slab board which, in the right hands, can be removed and StewMac do a vintage replacement rod

(Sorry to be diverting your thread walshy, just trying to give a positive review of their necks) Thanks Geek99 & Bill Wy,Aye,Man. I've been told by two different builders/repairers that due to the binding it's a £400ish job with no guarantees of success. The truss rod has gone in about 5mm and there is the hint of a tell tale buckle under the 19th fret block inlay. If money and me ever become friends again I'll look into it. The all parts neck was the only way I could afford to make the bass playable at the time and has done a good job. 

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic