Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1985 Fender Performer £850 - Super Rare
£850
Exeter

elom

Up for sale is my 1985 Fender Performer, the bass that Fender prefer to forget ever happened!

This short-lived Fender Bass was Made In Japan in the 80s for only about a year at a time when theFender corporation was going through a lot of change. There were only a few hundred made and it was not a success but... I love it!  The style is unique (you'll think it is cool or awful) and the neck, oh the neck! This is the thinnest neck you have ever seen and plays so fast. I loved it so much that when I had my custom bass built I had them use the exact same neck profile. So once I knew that the Fender Performer existed I had to have one, but I could not find one for sale anywhere in the UK. In the end I bought this one from a seller in the States who collected them. That was 2007 and it was my main gigging bass for the next 10 years. Any guitarist or bassist in the audience would always come up afterwards and say something along the lines of "Is that really a Fender?". Even the Fender logo was different for this bass!

You can read more about the Fender Performer here.

You can see that the condition is 'worn' 😉.  All of this was done before I bought it and no cracks, chips or other damage has occurred in the last 13 years, and it is not really visible when playing anyway. Included is the owners manual, which fetches $25 on its own on ebay. It will come in the quality Hiscox hard case that is in the photos. I'm happy to ship at the buyers expense or meet if that is geographically possible.

Everything is original on this and given their scarcity they come up for sale very rarely and I couldn't find another one for sale anywhere in the world at the moment! 

It has recently had a full professional set-up by Mansons Guitar Shop. I was previously selling this through them (and their price tag of £1100) is still attached, but took it back ahead of lockdown. I have sold on Basschat before but a long time ago (2007, to fund this very bass) so if I have got this listing wrong or omitted key information please excuse me and just ask!

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

Edited by elom