Why become a member? ×

Your favourite bass YouTubers ..

Gonzo192

2 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Does that include his slap version of the original?

To be fair to him I think he has found his niche and that's showing off his frankly rediculous chops. The dude is out of this world from a technical stand point, and with how creative he is probably from any musical metric you want to use. 

Whether that is to your taste is where it is subjective. 

Also the "lose yourself" video he just dropped today is mind blowing. 

• Like 2

On 19/09/2021 at 21:49, Crawford13 said:

To be fair to him I think he has found his niche and that's showing off his frankly rediculous chops. 

He is a monster player no doubt about it, a genuine virtuoso, and highly entertaining to boot. A know a lot of "serious" musician rag on him and davie504 but these are the guys who are getting the attention from the youtube generation of kids. I mean davie504 has nearly 10 million subs, that astonishing for a niche musical interest, only slightly less than BBC news !.

Edited by bassman7755
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 18:51, Reggaebass said:

Stumbled across this guy, quite good videos I thought, well explained and a good knowledge of theory 

Dan’s a very effective teacher I find. He’s expanded my still limited knowledge of musicianship no end. He adds lots of tidbits about stuff like that into the main idea of the lessons.

Brown Mark (played with Prince) has a YouTube channel and his lessons are great because he’s a good laugh and teacher: 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 05/07/2020 at 15:49, Barking Spiders said:

👍 to Dagan from PMT TV. Although it's clear he's mainly a guitarist he has a good presentational style and has put up some good 'shows'  on great cheap/budget basses and guitars

I reckon I could go into Dagans shop with a fiver in my pocket and come out with a Les Paul standard. He could sell sand to the Arabs!

On 01/06/2021 at 07:31, Dood said:

What do you all look for in a YouTube video? What do you want to see more of, what do you want to see less of?

Are short five minute videos touching on the key areas better for you than 15-20 minute offerings that go in to greater detail? (How to use something or more available sound examples)

Please quote me and comment as I (like I am sure all videographers and vloggers) would be interested to find out!

Original music with full band backing including real drums, no play alongs or "covers." 3-5 minutes tops, with very minimal talking if any. You have 15-20 seconds to convince me to keep watching, use it wisely.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Passinwind said:

Original music with full band backing including real drums, no play alongs or "covers." 3-5 minutes tops, with very minimal talking if any. You have 15-20 seconds to convince me to keep watching, use it wisely.

Thank you!

More thoughts basschatters! I’m interested in hearing them…

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 15:31, Dood said:

What do you all look for in a YouTube video? What do you want to see more of, what do you want to see less of?

Are short five minute videos touching on the key areas better for you than 15-20 minute offerings that go in to greater detail? (How to use something or more available sound examples)

Please quote me and comment as I (like I am sure all videographers and vloggers) would be interested to find out!

5 mins or 20mins are both fine dependent on what you have to say and demo on the topic.  Humour is good.  I think if you’ve something interesting to say, keep it in the 5-20 min range, entertain (a bit) and have prepared well for the session, you’ll have a decent chance of views and likes.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Well, as bass noob, I’ve just read this thread from the top and subscribed to numerous channels. I think I’ve enough to keep me busy for a couple of years! 

Some I’d heard of before, but not subscribed, some are very new to me.

Thanks chaps, I do love Basschat.

Rob

• Like 1

I really like Thomann’s, Julia Hofer. She also has her own channel. A great player with a wonderful enthusiasm.

Taking on some Anthony Jackson on a fretless…

Even playing on a train!

• Like 3