Why become a member? ×

Your favourite bass YouTubers ..

Gonzo192

1 minute ago, cetera said:

This guy is my fave Bassist Youtuber. If I ever need to learn a cover song accurately I always check his vids first.....

https://www.youtube.com/user/TJH3113

Agreed. Troy is a helluva bass player and a massive Rush geek. This was the first song I learned from his channel. He has since re-done it....

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 05/07/2020 at 10:18, three said:

Bobby Vega. Just ‘cause he’s Bobby Vega Really. Not particularly instructional, though instructive nonetheless

Loved watching Bobby Vega at the London Bass Show a few years ago.  Great talent.

There was a YouTube video, showing Bobby playing a J bass, and his Modulas fretless, I think advertising EMG pickups but I can't find it anywhere now.  Did I imagine that or is it still about? 

I have seen most of the juggler videos referenced here but don't spend any time with them. In short, great to watch but invariably not so great to listen to. I think it is great that people push the envelope but most of this stuff is of no use to me whatsoever. . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thoroughly enjoy Scott's Bass Lessons, which has great content considering it's free. I know a lot of people get annoyed by the general you-tubeyness of it, but the guy's gotta stay ahead of the curve and the info he's giving out is great and practical.

Adam Neely is less bass-focused now, but taking a deep dive into a random musical concept has been really eye-opening for me.

2 non bassists who I've picked up a tremendous amount of theory stuff from, are Rick Beato and NewJazz. Their videos have been really practical and entertaining to watch, as I find theory can be a dry subject to approach. 

• Like 2

On 28/11/2020 at 12:34, csmallett said:

2 non bassists who I've picked up a tremendous amount of theory stuff from, are Rick Beato and NewJazz. Their videos have been really practical and entertaining to watch, as I find theory can be a dry subject to approach. 

Apart from Talking Bass -the only bass tutor I've signed up to - the only music platforms I follow are Rick Beato and Andertons. RB's is an excellent platform and he's non judgmental, giving a fair hearing to current pop as well as rock and jazz. Really good on theory too, without making sound as dry as chaff. He also knows how to interview as does the Captain on Andertons. I like the product reviews on Anderton's and the banter between the regulars.

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Apart from Talking Bass -the only bass tutor I've signed up to - the only music platforms I follow are Rick Beato and Andertons. RB's is an excellent platform and he's non judgmental, giving a fair hearing to current pop as well as rock and jazz. Really good on theory too, without making sound as dry as chaff. He also knows how to interview as does the Captain on Andertons. I like the product reviews on Anderton's and the banter between the regulars.

I really like Rick Beato. Such a passion for music, which comes through on whatever topic he’s covering and episode he does.

I just can’t get on with Andertons. I’ve tried but figure it’s probably not for me - I like the main fella (the Captain) but the zane level for some of the others is a little too high for me!

Peach Guitars, on the other hand, are someone I really like watching - for me they strike a nice balance between seriousness and being fun and engaging. The lad (Jack) that does the guitar reviews is a terrific player...

Not strictly bass (but neither is Rick Beato who has been mentioned) is Warren Huarts produce like a pro.

Loads of cool content & he’s got some really cool bass tracking videos with Billy Sheehan and others.

He’s now doing a video series ‘songs that changed music’ which is essentially the same as Beatos wmtsg 

• Like 1

For some really good live-studio recordings I've been really enjoying guitarist Martm Miller's page: https://www.youtube.com/c/MartinMillerGuitar

He's produced some superb footage with exceptional audio playing everything from 80's mash-ups to playing through Dark Side Of The Moon live - and much more. Full band and guests.

• Like 1