Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Shuker Custom 6-string
£745
The Hague, Netherlands

TorVic

(Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)

<snip> 

Bought this here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/343049-sold-shuker-custom-6-string-bass-with-hiscock-hardcase-excellent-condition-free-uk-postage-or-£25-off-eu-postage-£695/

It's in the exact same condition as I received it. It's an almost perfect bass with a thin (flat) neck and a great modern tone - clear, articulate, and strong. There is however one issue I have noticed - there is an intermittent hiss (noise) that shows up when playing for a while.

I paid to have the bass checked at my local guitar technician shop but he couldn't find any issue in the wiring or connections. I cannot figure if there is some problem in the bass or in my signal chain / rig. 

I have decided to sell it as 6-strings are not for me and I need to raise funds for another purchase (GAS strikes eternal).  The bass will ship in the Shuker Hiscox case that I received it in.

The price is what it cost me so far in euros (shipping, technician check, etc.) I have taken into account the price of the previous sale, the 25gbp shipping discount, the actual shipping costs (i arranged it with UPS standard), and other costs incurred. 

Borrowing the description from the previous sale (link above): 

"This things is an amazing bass, it has dual EMG soapbar pickups which provide a vast array of tones from hi-fi clarity to deep bassy lows. I believe the pre-amp is a Seymour Duncan 3 band, it has Volume, blend, bass, mid, treble controls and works beautifully with the EMG pickups.

The tuners are Gotoh reso-lite tuners and the bridge pieces are individual hipshot mono-rail bridges. Scale length: 34" String spacing: 18mm Weight: 4.5kg Both the top wood and back wood are AAAA quilt maple, it has a beautiful 3D effect and is about as good as you can get from quilt maple!

The body core is mahogany and with 5 laminate neck (maple, wenge, flame maple, wenge, maple). The fretboard is a beautiful piece of birdseye maple and plays as good as it looks. The overall construction is absolutely impeccable, the bass has very few marks on it anywhere, there is one light scratch on the upper bout, but besides that it's almost mint. To custom order a bass like this now would set you back over £3000, so I'm sure someone will get an incredible deal here."

I think it is an incredible deal still. 

IMG_7206.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

Edited by TorVic
SOLD
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

@ambient, please tell me you got this! 

It's a stunning bass and Vic is VERY nice to sell it at the same price I sold it to him for! 

It is undoubtedly worth more. 

I didn’t no, rather foolishly I decided to sleep on it 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Hum, hum. "On hold" signifie que la basse est réservée...

Merci , je sais , mais les événements peuvent prendre un tour différent ...

1 hour ago, TorVic said:

First buyer fell through as he can't complete the payment. Will message the next on the list.