Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection SB335 by SGC Nanyo - no longer available
£475
Aylesbury

Bass Wielder

Mods: Please delete!

Note: edited as pics below pickup shows the bass as a 335

Pulled because I have now converted the dark brown to Fretless and keeping. Sorry

Can deliver within a safe distance or even safely meet up...
Read the following info. It’s as best to my knowledge.
(Note: only the 335 available. The darker of the two).

They are now passive basses with switching. (to be clear). The previous owner took the electronics out and replaced with some clever switching which allows for great tonal variations. (and allows you to hear the true sound of these basses). By my research the original electronics seemed to be a weak spot in the design. (Subjective I know).

SB505: Transluscent Brown stained ash body with matching headstock, 5 string fretted 3 piece maple neck/Ebony fingerboard, gold hardware, brass nut, Humbucker pickups x2, passive with Vol/tone/blend and 4 way switching.

*In near mint condition (other than the mods)

*Low easy action with smooth tone and a lovely B string. Easy to find different tones with switching.

*Converted to passive with some clever switching.(I do not have the original circuit).

*45mm nut, 18/19mm string spacing

Gig bag or hard case now included !!

Collection from Aylesbury or buyer arranged courier. (...eep)

Feel free to ask away for more info, not trading at the moment.

IMG_6064.jpg

Edited by Bass Wielder
Updated

Edited to add the another BC. Hope this is fine by the bosses that be.....

Great pair (not being rude:-)

I was actually thinking of converting one to fretless but....may leave that for someone else to have fun doing!

I had an SB615 a few years back and I remember it being a very good bass. It's just a pity that yours is passive as I liked the active controls and am in the market for a new 5 string. That being said I'm sure it will still sound really good

Fitting a pre-amp and making it active again wouldn't be hugely difficult, and as the OP says the original pre-amps left a lot to be desired. I have a Nordstrand in my 465 which is a 4-pot, but you could probably find a 3-pot if you wanted to keep the jack socket on the top instead of going back to the original barrel jack on the side.

My 465 looks identical to the '615' so it would be interesting to know why the OP has ID'd it as a 615. Also why the B and G strings are wound the wrong way round the posts on both basses.

On 04/07/2020 at 20:49, pete.young said:

Fitting a pre-amp and making it active again wouldn't be hugely difficult, and as the OP says the original pre-amps left a lot to be desired. I have a Nordstrand in my 465 which is a 4-pot, but you could probably find a 3-pot if you wanted to keep the jack socket on the top instead of going back to the original barrel jack on the side.

My 465 looks identical to the '615' so it would be interesting to know why the OP has ID'd it as a 615. Also why the B and G strings are wound the wrong way round the posts on both basses.

Pre-amp: agreed

Model: I did a bit of research as it indicated to what I have said. I’m no expert so could be wrong. Are you an expert? Someone may be able to correct either or both of us....

String winding: ....here we go again....wrong/right? Each his own...

On 04/07/2020 at 17:14, Delberthot said:

I had an SB615 a few years back and I remember it being a very good bass. It's just a pity that yours is passive as I liked the active controls and am in the market for a new 5 string. That being said I'm sure it will still sound really good

They are really good basses...got the money too.

I personally felt that the original pre-amp restricted what they are capable of... (having played one with original electronics and now running them through various outboard pre-amps). 
But views differ...see above

Edited by Bass Wielder

11 hours ago, Bass Wielder said:

Pre-amp: agreed

Model: I did a bit of research as it indicated to what I have said. I’m no expert so could be wrong. Are you an expert? Someone may be able to correct either or both of us....

String winding: ....here we go again....wrong/right? Each his own...

I wouldn't say I'm an expert. 615 is shown in all the catalogues I can find as a P/J. 465 is a JJ..

String winding: string them up this way, the pull is at more of an angle and the machine head turns the wrong way.

17 hours ago, pete.young said:

I wouldn't say I'm an expert. 615 is shown in all the catalogues I can find as a P/J. 465 is a JJ..

String winding: string them up this way, the pull is at more of an angle and the machine head turns the wrong way.

Ok. So you’re not, neither am I...just the tone in your quote indicated that I may be deliberately misleading, and that you may be an expert. 
My research indicated that it’s a 615.

String winding: I know the deal (simply put it’s a silly piece of engineering by SGC Nanyo). I decided to wind them this way. (tired off this now...)

Interested in any of them?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...