Why become a member? ×

Sold: Fender USA Precision Bass 1982 (Dan Smith era) black & maple **** PRICEDROP!! €1.500 (£1.350)
£1650
Netherlands

Fender USA Precision 1982

BFrnuy5.jpg

Up for sale or trade is my beautiful "transitional era" precision. It still has the 70s type neck/logo/tuners, but the body has the deeper/rounder contours that returned in the Dan Smith era. Also the white pickup covers are typical for that Era. It still has the 70s style chrome bridge- and pickup covers though. Overall it looks like a 70s Fender bass, but with a nicer build quality. 

l5aqfXD.jpg

8TGThJU.jpg

mavQPZP.jpg

we5jIUu.jpg

Umt3KO5.jpg

RXWQRTu.jpg

C2Xi6Xy.jpg

cplJsfh.jpg

4TlBO8w.jpg

uKNdlAr.jpg iRHUlK1.jpg

msfa5a3.jpg

e1kifAA.jpg

K6DCpcl.jpg

fjCZen1.jpg

The bass is in pretty good condition for being nearly 40 years old. It has a few damages and usermarks, but nothing serieous. Overall it has a fresh appearance.

Its not only a great looking bass, it plays lovely too with a low action if wished so. Technically the bass is all fine. The neck is straight and adjustable, and all the electronics and hardware function like they should. The bass appears to be all original except for the bridge plate. Nut width is 42mm and weight 4.7kg on my kitchen scales. 

A non-original generic hardcase is included. 

€1.650 (£1.470)

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but I am happy to ship with europe/UK at buyers risk. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 4

I was wondering why it has the trussrod  adjustment at the heel and also the trussrod channel routed at the headstock...

Edit: my bad.... it isn't an actual route... I've see that on clearer pictures of a 79 on sale elsewhere...

Edited by michele

57 minutes ago, michele said:

I was wondering why it has the trussrod  adjustment at the heel and also the trussrod channel routed at the headstock...

Edit: my bad.... it isn't an actual route... I've see that on clearer pictures of a 79 on sale elsewhere...

It is a common thing indeed. I´ve wondered about it too when I encountered such a walnut plug on a Kasuga Precision copy for the first time :)