Why become a member? ×

NAD: 1500 watts of class D power

Aliwobble

So I was looking for an amp with the compactness of an elf, the sound of a GK, but with built in fx of the Laney, and the eq of a Genz Benz.   Finally, this (and a roll of duct tape) and I have the perfect amp head.

Actually, I just got a bit carried away in a bit of a post lockdown splurge.

9CE804D2-E607-4413-AA5A-B8D6AA44B3E2.jpeg

Edited by Aliwobble
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2020 at 12:25, stewblack said:

Me too... space, interval, focus, shape, touch, tilt ????

Am going to check an SL out on Monday while I'm picking up an N115 Cab, there's an N210 there as well. A friend's thinking about buying the head. Better remember to take a Bass 😆 Will report next week I guess.

• Like 2

On 27/06/2020 at 01:50, JottoSW1 said:

Am going to check an SL out on Monday while I'm picking up an N115 Cab, there's an N210 there as well. A friend's thinking about buying the head. Better remember to take a Bass 😆 Will report next week I guess.

Had a blast for only 1/2 hour with SL through N210 & N115. Very impressed with versatility and convenience of the footswitching , but could only scratch the surface of tilt etc etc. Didn't strike me as having the oomph/heft suggested by 2x 500 watts though. Nicely made, feels a bit lightweight/flimsy in comparison to a Trace (;?!🤣), but apparently their reliability has been exemplary. Would have given the monster Laney Valve Head a go too but was short of time.

• Like 1

None of these heads are bad. My two faves are the GK and the GB.

The laney has a good solid sound, and a ton of great features. Probably the most versatile stand alone amp.If you could only have one amp and no pedals then probably the one to get. The fx are very useable, and the eq is powerful. Tube pre amp allows you to overdrive, if that’s your thing. Also USB connectivity.

the elf is super compact and has a certain sound. I’d happily use it. It seems to prefer passive electronics. I Could not get a nice tone out of it until I bypassed the active electronics, and then it was very nice. It’s my backup for live gigs.  Perhaps a one trick pony, but that’s fine with me because once I’m dialled in for the night I hardly touch my amp anyway.

the GK sounds “right” to me. My fave sound for live work. Compact, powerful and awesome sound. My go-to amp for 5 years now.

The GB is a recent acquisition for me.  I love the way this amp sounds, seems to let me hear more of the wood in my basses. It has now become my practise  amp in a 1x10 cab. For solo practise you can really hear details that the others just don’t give.