Why become a member? ×

Soundcloud oddity

This is a  weird thing.  I  put  the occasional tune from the Basschat  composition challengeso on my soundcloud,  don't go  out of my way to  publicise or anything and get a handful of listens on each tune typically. Oneof my tunes from a couple of months ago has  somehow amassed  nearly 400  plays  and I have no clue what this is due to. The tune the month after had the usual 40 odd plays. I'm baffled,  does anyone have any idea what's going on? 

There are troll-bots that seem to have access to stuff otherwise 'private'; I have, typically, a dozen each time I post something on Soundcloud, offering me heaps of 'hits', or 'likes' or whatever these things are, and a world-wide audience of followers. I am a cynical old goat, and am little inclined to believe any of their waffle, so I ignore it all. I suppose that's why I'm not in the Rock Star Hall Of Fame.
I think that there must be some sort of 'bot that picks up links, such as those posted on BC, and automatically sends out 'love and kisses' messages. If the song has been posted as 'Private', there should be no-one accessing who has not access to the link, and as I only ever post links here, on BC, I suppose that's where it gets picked up from.
On the other hand, maybe you compose better stuff than I, and folks really do listen to it and like it..! ;)

• Like 1

I had never done any "uploading" or sharing before but having read this thread I just set up an account and uploaded three tracks .Demos from my old band ,that a friend had asked for on Facebook.

Within three minutes I had a notification that someone was "Following " me. Had One guy send me a message trying to get me to use some or other platform he was promoting and one lady who just "liked" one of the tracks.

It's almost enough to make me think we should have been stars 🙂

Thanks guys!

Was the name of the song the same as one by somebody famous ?

A friend wrote a song for our band that had the same name as a One Direction song ( not deliberatley ) , and it got loads of listens on Soundcloud.

He tested the thoery by writing 3 more, deliberately named the same as 3 of their other hits.

All 3 got way more listens than any of our normal stuff.