Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN* Vintage V940 FL fretless £140 collected
£165
near Diss

lownote

Vintage V940 FL active unlined fretless bass.  Great condition - although not new obviously so some small imprefections. Slight roundwound marks on fingerboard.  Recently serviced by pro tech, nut slot depth dropped to .5mm. Machines work well and pots are good. Active bass, PJ Wilkinson pups. Currently strung with roundwounds but it comes with flat wounds too. £155 posted.  Collection preferred for £140.  I can send but lack box so you'll have to wait a while if you want it posted. 

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

Edited by lownote12

The Revelation IMHO is a, well, a Revelation.  Costing less than £200 new, it's well made and plays great. It's not a small bass and it's an old fashioned baseball bat of a P neck. Alan Enwhistle pups thru a KiOgon loom are very powerful and 'peppery', plenty of presence and articulation in the note, even with flatwound strings. Or you could have a nice Vintage! 

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 1

Thanks for this. I’ve got a jazz bits a with JBXN pickups. Very hot, but very usable. A Kiogon loom as well. And I play an upright a bit, but it’s such a pain trying tohome record with a Double bass, hence the interest in fretless. I like the sound of the big neck as well. Time to take a chance I think. Thanks again, and GLWTS.