Why become a member? ×

Has anyone got anything I want for sale in Scotland?

just asking.

For the last four years on here there have been loads of items way up North that I would have liked. I seem to recall a nice pair of orange cabs( Black ones? and a nice natural P Bass.

On the 18th of june I have essential work to do in Scotland, first time I have ever been.

So just thought I would see if anyone has some tat for me!  I bet there isnt a thing, but on the 19th when I am on my way back a 1965 p bass will come up for sale for £3.00.

😆😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Skybone said:

And of course, it depends on where about's in Scotland you're going to be working.

Scotland's a big place... :D 

Exactly. Though you can drive from Glasgow to John o’Groats in about 6 hours if traffic on A9 is fine, so if you have a free day you can get to most places in the mainland and back. 

If the OP is based in Ayr though and someone has a Wal for sale in Orkney it isn’t much help. 

As far as I am aware though, there are no Wals for sale in Orkney.

3 hours ago, thodrik said:

Exactly. Though you can drive from Glasgow to John o’Groats in about 6 hours if traffic on A9 is fine, so if you have a free day you can get to most places in the mainland and back. 

If the OP is based in Ayr though and someone has a Wal for sale in Orkney it isn’t much help. 

Remembering of course that you aren't meant to travel over 5 miles from your home, or wherever you will be staying while here for the time being until wee Jimmy Krankie tells us we can

4 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

Remembering of course that you aren't meant to travel over 5 miles from your home, or wherever you will be staying while here for the time being until wee Jimmy Krankie tells us we can

Just say that you were testing your eyesight and you should be fine.

1 hour ago, thodrik said:

Just say that you were testing your eyesight and you should be fine.

I thought that operating a motor vehicle When unsure that you have reasonable vision would render you uninsured ? You would be tacitly admitting a possibility of unfitness to drive safely 

7 hours ago, Slappindabass said:

just asking.

For the last four years on here there have been loads of items way up North that I would have liked. I seem to recall a nice pair of orange cabs( Black ones? and a nice natural P Bass.

On the 18th of june I have essential work to do in Scotland, first time I have ever been.

So just thought I would see if anyone has some tat for me!  I bet there isnt a thing, but on the 19th when I am on my way back a 1965 p bass will come up for sale for £3.00.

😆😅

Think that was me that sold the Orange cabs. 

I might sell my Fender Deluxe Precison (MIM) bass if that's any use to you.

I also have an Overwater contemp J4 bass in blue that Overwater built for me from the demonstration parts they had before teaming up with Tanglewood. Its all genuine Overwater parts. No serial number as they only made one or two. 

That's the only 2 basses i don't use now.

DSCN1112.JPG

Couple of basses.JPG

9 hours ago, Simon. said:

Ooh, that Overwater is very tasty! I'd even go as far as to call it lush. 👍

Its a nice bass and i like playing it but i'm not a big fan of the pre-amp and pickups. Not sure which but i was looking at changing them to something a bit warmer. It has quite a modern tone.

Dave 

11 hours ago, Geek99 said:

I thought that operating a motor vehicle When unsure that you have reasonable vision would render you uninsured ? You would be tacitly admitting a possibility of unfitness to drive safely 

Quite possibly, though it seems to be a useable explanation at present.

19 hours ago, thodrik said:

I would disagree with that slightly. If you stick to the speed limits, you're looking at a good 5 hours from Glasgow to Inverness (done that one regularly... :| ), John o Groats is a good 2.5 hours from Inverness on a good day, probably more in Summer when the tourists and their camper vans clog up the NC500 (used to go up to Wick regularly too... :| ).

As far as I'm aware, there are no Wal's for sale in Orkney, but that's possibly a good thing, because if you drive from Glasgow to Scrabster or Gills Bay, get the ferry to Orkney, you'll be knackered. Overnight stop in Orkney, buy the Wal, then drive back to Glasgow, it'd be far easier and cheaper to get one from England-cester-shire.

Just saying. ;) :D 

2 hours ago, Skybone said:

I would disagree with that slightly. If you stick to the speed limits, you're looking at a good 5 hours from Glasgow to Inverness (done that one regularly... :| ), John o Groats is a good 2.5 hours from Inverness on a good day, probably more in Summer when the tourists and their camper vans clog up the NC500 (used to go up to Wick regularly too... :| ).

As far as I'm aware, there are no Wal's for sale in Orkney, but that's possibly a good thing, because if you drive from Glasgow to Scrabster or Gills Bay, get the ferry to Orkney, you'll be knackered. Overnight stop in Orkney, buy the Wal, then drive back to Glasgow, it'd be far easier and cheaper to get one from England-cester-shire.

Just saying. ;) :D 

I must disagree politely in terms of the travel time. I can't see how it would normally take five hours to travel from Inverness to Glasgow by car, van or bus. 

If you take the motorway from Glasgow to Perth and then take the A9 from Perth to Inverness the total travelling time is about be about 3 hours or slightly more depending on traffic and that includes observing speed limits. If you take regular stops or breaks of course the trip will be longer. Taking the Megabus from Glasgow and Inverness only takes about 3hrs 45 minutes and they definitely do not break speed limits.

It would probably take closer to five hours if you were travelling up the west coat past Fort William via the A82 but I have never done that (though it is a lovely drive).

In terms of John O'Groats, I always budget about 3 hours for the drive from Inverness in the summer or winter. Usually it takes a bit longer in the winter because the driving conditions can be awful. On a good day it can be done in 2 1/2 hours but a couple of HGVs, campervans and the odd tractor can really slow things up and if so there is nothing you can do about it as there are no dual carriageways once you leave Inverness and there are very few safe passing places on the whole route. 

I have been travelling between Glasgow and Orkney regularly for about 16 years. It is pretty much a whole day of travel (6+ hours on the road, one hour on the ferry, an hour and a half in the middle for shopping and lunch in Inverness etc). If the ferry crossing is okay though it is doable without too much drama or exhaustion, particularly if you are used to the drive. I can also confirm that it is possible to take the early morning ferry from Orkney and get down to Edinburgh or Glasgow to catch the 5pm soundcheck and then do a resulting gig. However I would not recommend that for the start point of an opening night of a week long tour!

The only time I saw a Wal for sale in Orkney was in an Ebay listing about ten years ago. I asked if I could try it and said that I was actually going to be in Orkney the following day. Magically the location of the bass was quickly changed to the Isle of Wight. Either it was a fraud listing or the owner was a real island hopper!