Why become a member? ×

Under The Covers or On Top?..

I know we've had the 'any cover of Dylan is better than the original' which I don't agree with, but I do find there are more covers of Beatles songs I like in preference to the originals. This is a favourite:

Best make a quick exit now...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

I know we've had the 'any cover of Dylan is better than the original' which I don't agree with, but I do find there are more covers of Beatles songs I like in preference to the originals. This is a favourite:

Amen, brother :) 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

I'm a fan big the Beatles, but I always loved that version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SH73 said:

This is better

Than this 

Have to disagree with you on that one. The Maiden version is good, but just too straightforward.  It doesn't have the leery, grubby,  slightly unpleasant,  feel of the original. 

• Like 4

As a teenager one of my favourite albums was a compilation titled 'We do em our way'. Punk bands covering classic pop songs and the Sex Pistols offerings were about the weakest in my opinion. I was trying to choose one to add here but I can't decide my favourite so I'll leave The Slits version of Heard It Through The Grapevine here and suggest you look up the album on the site if your choice. 

I lent the album to a work colleague sometime in the 90s and never saw it again, along with an Anti-Nowhere League album. Git! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maude said:

This is not better but I like it equally as much because it's a different take on a great song.

Sabbath and Cake with War Pigs. 

Anyone that brings a slice o' Cake into the “mix" is a good friend of mine!!

Seriously though, massive fan of Cake and hadn't yet heard this!

Thank‘a'ya'please!!

Here's something to mull over in the meantime...

The admiration goes to Amanda's diligence and dedication toward the song and it's contextual energy!! 

Gotta love what music means and brings forth from each and every individual.. 

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
Ready for the...
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Wow, fair play to you. Thought that would have been on most people's (including mine) worst ever lists.

14 hours ago, NickD said:

I thought it was just me.... I was desperately searching for a single way in which it's not hugely inferior to the original. 

And this is why music is so subjective, I have loved the original ever since it came out, and that Disturbed version is just so damn powerful, its brilliant!......IMHO ofc

• Like 1