Why become a member? ×

Squier Paranormal Bass

Jonesy

On 05/06/2020 at 15:43, AndyTravis said:

It’s a more or less carbon copy of the RS guitarworks contour 54 which has been knocking about for at least 10 years.

I thought the same thing. 

If only they had put proper old P bass single coils in, instead of jazz singles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

I thought they already had - Mike Dirnt Signature model?

Ah, but thats a single split coil in a P-bass shape, the RS Countour has 2 x '51 style P bass pickups in a Jazz shape.

I love the look of the RS Contour but not £3000 worth of love.  A £350 Squier with the same look would be very tempting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, Fender give me a job NOW!! Half asleep from teething baby this morning I thought what if.... Fender need to make a paranormal series bass where the body is TORT and the pickguard is sunburst. A P bass body with a single J pickup in a white pup cover in the P position and the crappy white plastic knobs they used in the 80s for a while, gold hardware, upside down headstock, fretless all maple neck, only available left handed. The most divisive instrument they can make. They can call it the "Furk You" bass. 

Edited by uk_lefty
  • Haha 4

While, I don't really need another bass, I concur that a couple of somewhat major upgrades could turn this into something pretty nice and a decent platform for mods.

I'd certainly go with a Telecaster bass neck (sell on the old one).  Not a fan of those BBoT bridges, so a Hipshot Kickass.  Just throwing this out there, I really like the look of machine heads with longer posts...I'm not 100% whether they look longer due to the alignment of the machine head holes being closer to the top of the headstock or whether you can get them with longer posts.  Anyhow, some of those.

Yes:

Fender_1951_Precision_Bass_Headstock.jpg

12 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

While, I don't really need another bass, I concur that a couple of somewhat major upgrades could turn this into something pretty nice and a decent platform for mods.

I'd certainly go with a Telecaster bass neck (sell on the old one).  Not a fan of those BBoT bridges, so a Hipshot Kickass.  Just throwing this out there, I really like the look of machine heads with longer posts...I'm not 100% whether they look longer due to the alignment of the machine head holes being closer to the top of the headstock or whether you can get them with longer posts.  Anyhow, some of those.

Yes:

Fender_1951_Precision_Bass_Headstock.jpg

and make sure, like these, they are reverse tuners too!

• 1 month later...