Why become a member? ×

Squier Paranormal Bass

Jonesy

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

Looks good in White Blonde too

image.png.47d672cdfcd1a612ea35d957d06f5a6c.png

I think I could live with that.

although a 50’s fender neck would be ace on it too. 

It’s got the rounded heel so without modding, it wouldn’t be a direct fit.

but a decent luthier could do it - can’t cope with that headstock shape on the 51 ish aesthetic.

One of the reasons I didn’t go for the 60th p

On 05/06/2020 at 10:01, Jonesy said:

Did these come out today? Looks like you had to be quick at Andertons, but maybe they'll get a new delivery in soon.

I wouldn't bank on it - the description says "A UNIQUE '54 PRECISION/JAZZ BASS HYBRID!" - so presumably they only made the one.

• Haha 1

Liked it when I first saw it yesterday, but for some reason a lot less looking at it again today. I definitely think the headstock should be tele shaped.

(I know this is not the place for this, but boy do I like that cabronita thinline tele 😍 , pity it doesn't have filtertrons )

5 hours ago, borntohang said:

Really like it in white but the pale maple necks aren't doing it for me. Would be nice with a vintage tint though.

Keep it near a sunny window.  That'll do it.  Vintage tint always look false to me, like someone rubbed turmeric over it.

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

Keep it near a sunny window.  That'll do it.  Vintage tint always look false to me, like someone rubbed turmeric over it.

It's not actually the colour - I prefer the CV style poly necks for some reason and they don't gloss the unfinished ones unfortunately. Think it's just familiarity from starting learning on an old Jazz with a gloss neck. 

4 hours ago, skychaserhigh said:

It's a bit of a Jazz...a bit of a Precision...it's just a bit odd...

Yeah. They should have spent a bit more time where the scratchplate meets the neck pickup. That just doesn’t work. It looks poor.