Why become a member? ×

Top 3 GAS List

stewblack

Just now, cetera said:

Lol! You got me Frank...... but I was 'liking' the fact he's joined the 'Spector Nation'..... NOT that he can't justify more than one ;)

I was kidding dude, you can have as many as you like. One day I'll get my hands on a Spector like @obbm's and I'll join the Spector Nation too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I was kidding dude, you can have as many as you like. One day I'll get my hands on a Spector like @obbm's and I'll join the Spector Nation too.

Dont do it!!

I didnt like Spectors for years. Then, like magic, BANG!! I ended up with two in 2 days! It's true what they say you know! 

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/06/2020 at 07:58, CamdenRob said:

However all of the above are trumped buy my current raging GAS for one of these as a result of working from home for the last Two months sitting on a £20 Argos office chair all day... The Herman Miller Aeron. The Grandfather of office chairs 👍 ... My back keeps trying to order it for me when I’m not looking... 😕

mh_prd_ovw_aeron_chairs.jpg.rendition.48

Lol'ing at this. My birthday last year was that exact chair and a sit/stand electric desk frame. Both brill and sourced from ebay, not so expensive.

• Like 1

1) Sadowsky USA Vintage 5-24 in Dark Lake Placid Blue

8293_3.jpg

2) Marleaux Contra 6 in the old violin finish

contra_gd_20.jpg

3) MTD 635-24 Finish undecided but something like the below would be the ticket 🙂

719_MTD_634_Pistachio_3-2014_1_.JPG

Oh and I also want a Sei Flamboyant 6... and a Glockenklang BAC + Glock 610 complete with someone to carry it for me. 😐

However all of the above are trumped buy my current raging GAS for one of these as a result of working from home for the last Two months sitting on a £20 Argos office chair all day... The Herman Miller Aeron. The Grandfather of office chairs 👍 ... My back keeps trying to order it for me when I’m not looking... 😕

mh_prd_ovw_aeron_chairs.jpg.rendition.48

I am currently sitting on an Aeron.

• Like 2

I'm half cured of GAS... that said give me some money and...

1- A precision bass. I miss having one. I thought I was over it and then tried the custom shop one they had in PMT.  I've a long time half-want for a Bravewood. Ideally a custom colour of some kind. 

2- I loved trying @Frank Blank's Rob Allen Mouse bass at a the Midlands bass bash.... I'd have one of them!

3-  A random one from years back- Wes Steed used to be on here and make some lovely looking vintage basses. Including a Herbie Flowers replica. I didn't know who Herbie Flowers is, and still don't, but loved the look of that bass... It's from the time before relicing was a big thing too.  I think @molan was the last person to own it and then sold it via Bass Gear ... and it's not been seen since. I hope it's got a nice home 

custom-Herbie-Flowers-Jazz-replica-2011-

look the internet found a picture of it!

Edited by LukeFRC

I got a new mesh-back 8-hour chair a couple of months ago, as the previous chair was worn out.

Even though mine was only about £110, it's really worth investing if you work sitting down.

(Incidently I ordered it without arms, it came witha rms so i fitted them, discovered I couldn't play bass with them on and took them off again 🙂

• Like 1

GAS for me would be an Ampeg Portaflex as I don't currently own a dedicated bass amp. If it could be the old one from Vintage & Rare on Denmark Street that made everything sound amazing then that would be it. I've no room for one but I'd still looooove one!

51353af1745932d8c72e62047f716dbf.jpg.83c7cf1e3c8879530ac67885c8f23aba.jpg

Also a Fender Telecaster bass. Don't need one and can't afford one but would still have one. Phwoar.

1_d63fd165-af9f-46f9-aa90-a7ad6c9053d9.thumb.jpg.efa79c2021e9653fb0d578d22d041c9b.jpg

And #3 would be non-bass related, a vintage Wurlitzer 106P electric piano, in orange please. Prices on these now are insane so I'll have to make do with my little Yamaha Reface CP. 

29cc1b6d13849b937a19143f2f088334.thumb.jpg.630232b304c155912c20010ff58ff6dc.jpg

2023744541_Screenshot2020-06-05at11_11_552.png.ede952688f711ad3243052d530fa2bd3.png

The Reface does the job but it's no Wurly!

• Like 1

I love this feed. The G.A.S is very real here haha. I keep telling myself -  “nah I’ve found My unicorn now & I ’ll keep onto this forever”. A nice Fender Jazz - exactly like I wanted. Japan import, not owned by every man and his dog locally, ‘62 reissue, nice eye popping Japan market colour - Happy days. Not super expensive but definitely on his way there for me anyway. Just before the threshold of having to explain to my misses that ‘it’s the one I really really really want’ you know? 😬🤣

... but then green is my favourite colour 😅 so with that my top 3 G.A.S list has to start with this one: 

447FD7CC-D8B9-4FB8-BB19-C64179917CF8.thumb.jpeg.90fbcb50ab631a7637e8090f0711aa4d.jpeg

Like you @meterman this one’s not 4 string related (good choice by the way!) but I’m quite into my music production and I’ve always wanted one of these bad boys to get mental with some patch leads on. 

54508E69-73EC-44D3-83E1-89D465CCBF85.jpeg.9afe9b34e65befa81466732e40974020.jpeg 

Finally is this little beauty, which I might be able to work a good angle on when we decorate the living room, fresh carpet and paint and that you know? “You know what darling, this one would look so subtle tucked in the corner there, really finish the room off it would, look lovely on our nice new carpet” 😅🤣 Wish me luck on that one. 

1298BC4A-A6B6-46DC-BA8A-36A588DA3F75.thumb.jpeg.5ecc42cf0b62ce49671cbf8589ba22ec.jpeg

• Like 2

Ooh - ooh. Errr.

1. Dingwall Combustion 6 (I mean obviously I'd like an ABII 6, but I am at least being semi-serious)

2. Fender Geddy Lee Jazz

3. Warwick Corvette $$ 5

I mean obviously I'd love a Wal, a really shiny coloured Spector, a Chapman Stick, Mr Patitucci's newest signature bass, an ACG, and a Sandberg VM5 - but y'know - more kids than spare bedrooms for music gear...

On 05/06/2020 at 23:33, la bam said:

Are those bloomin Guy Pratt videos laced with subliminal messages or something?!

I've always hated the look of Spectors. Never interested me one bit. Not at all. Never like the shape, colours, sound. Nothing.

Then for no reason whatsoever I've spent all day looking at Spectors, started to really like them, and nearly pulled the trigger on a second hand one! I get home late, look at this thread and it's full of Spector want too! What's going on! :)

All bass players get 'round to them, the ones that don't are in denial 😁

• Like 1