Why become a member? ×

Top 3 GAS List

stewblack

2 hours ago, NickD said:

I look at natural finish Spector 5s with lust, but probably won't ever get around to one, partly because most seem to have gold hardware, and partly because they look as if neck dive would be an issue.

I'm super sensitive to neck dive but none of my Spector Euro5's have any. So don't let that put you off. 

• Like 2

I'm very much happy with what I have so these 3 are not really a GAS list, more like basses that I keep getting back at. 

1. Spector Euro 4 LE 1979. I already have the 1977 limited edition and its one of the best Spectors I own (US models included) The quality is unreal and I'm sure it is the case with this 1979, too. 

736381352_spector1979BDfront.thumb.jpg.29ee9538e97a45b9bc061a3838308bc7.jpg

2. Though it seems like marmite but I happen to love the MusicMan Bongo's design. This one has great specs and a stellar finish.

music-man-bon6hh-aqs-me-w-c-6-bongo-hh-aqua-sparkle-ebony.thumb.jpg.3c02317df7b9367a34d8cb3dfc6ce63b.jpg

3. I have always been a fan of Japaneese workmanship and quality and i'm sure this Momose has it all plus a stunning look. Really don't needanother jazz but this really is a masterpiece. 

2141587782_momoselila.thumb.jpg.dd016cb4db0fd9a7ea27f8c84972a823.jpg

2 hours ago, therealting said:

I feel like my GAS is the lowest it’s ever been. At the moment I don’t always even feel inspired to play.

I’m the same. After lockdown I went through a mad GAS phase for a while but seem to have pretty much come out of it now, and have hardly touched my basses in the last couple of months. 

Having said that, if we’re talking GAS, then at the moment I’d still like another Wal Pro, there are 2 Seis I’d like (one 6 currently not for sale and a custom 4) and I’d quite like my old 4004 back. Or a ‘72 Burgundyglo 4001 I’ve seen in the States. 
Oh, I’d quite like a Musicman in the Starry Night finish, simply because of the finish. 

Edited by 4000

1. Purple quilted maple US Spector NS2 with abalone crowns

2. Purple quilted maple US Spector NS2X (Spectorbird) with abalone crowns

3. Inferno red US Spector NS2 with abalone crowns (like the one in the JJ pic in the post above)

Hmmm.... I'm sensing a theme here....

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, cetera said:

3. Inferno red US Spector NS2 with abalone crowns (like the one in the JJ pic in the post above)

Something about abalone?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cetera said:

I think it's time for you to finally get some Spectors....that's the theme I sense 😄

• Haha 2

I seem to have already acquired  most of the basses I lusted after in my formative bass playing years, but wouldn't say no to:

• 1960's Rickenbacker 4005 semi in Fireglo
  • 1970's Gibson Les Paul Triumph in white
  • Alembic 4-string Mark King in either flame koa or buckeye burl - I'm not fussy which..... 9_9

Ooh, I’m in! Love a good GAS thread.

1. Done: got it. USA Dimension Deluxe HH in Natural

2. Stingray Special 5 HH in Natural with maple board. Only possible s/h now which seems unlikely

3. BTB in Deep Twilight Flat with the Nordy big singles. Weren’t made for very long so again seems unlikely

A53E4D83-BCEE-4BB6-A728-4A7AF8837A7A.jpeg

20190413_200015267_iOS.jpg

20190528_194947794_iOS.jpg

3 hours ago, Paulhauser said:

I think it's time for you to finally get some Spectors....that's the theme I sense 😄

Agree 🥰 Got mine a few weeks ago, I am like a kid (ok technically, my 4th... made the mistake of selling the first 2, but definitely keeping mine now). I am a hardcore fan

F24F097E-15EA-4287-9716-EC663095DFDE.jpeg

08787254-B136-46F2-A690-64B6B66563A2.jpeg

Edited by julfam
  • Like 6

Can’t blame you, I bought mine in the middle of the pandemic.... it made the confinement so nice. Not really looking forward to leaving my flat (unless it’s to play) 😅

Edited by julfam

40 minutes ago, julfam said:

Agree 🥰 Got mine a few weeks ago, I am like a kid (ok technically, my 4th... made the mistake of selling the first 2, but definitely keeping mine now). I am a hardcore fan

F24F097E-15EA-4287-9716-EC663095DFDE.jpeg

08787254-B136-46F2-A690-64B6B66563A2.jpeg

Very nice! Where did you get this? One of the best finish a Spector can have.....

Two new basses in last few weeks, so GAS has been suppressed for a while, but still .......

1. A fretless jazz bass, probably a sire, could spend more, but so much value for ££

2. My old five string Sei from about 10 years back

3. G&L SB2, just curious about this one 

T

2 hours ago, DiMarco said:

No GAS here. I have too much stuff already.

Nurse, @DiMarco hasn't been taking his medication.

Anyway for me it would be:

1. My Limelight Geddy Lee replica (I love to track this down but so far unsuccessful
  2. A US Spector maybe an NS-2 or a Forte 4
  3. Curious about the US Michael Tobias basses

I just bought a Fodera bass, Darkglass alpha-omicron dirtbox and a simplifier pre with built in omnicabsim.
Now owning 8 basses 5 amps 2 2x12 cabs 1 8x8 cab and a drawer full of effects pedals.

Oh and 4 guitars and a tube guitar combo, a drumkit, 2 keyboards and a 1000w 1x15+2x10 PA.

NO MORE GAS.

Or I will need a bigger house.

• Haha 2

Are those bloomin Guy Pratt videos laced with subliminal messages or something?!

I've always hated the look of Spectors. Never interested me one bit. Not at all. Never like the shape, colours, sound. Nothing.

Then for no reason whatsoever I've spent all day looking at Spectors, started to really like them, and nearly pulled the trigger on a second hand one! I get home late, look at this thread and it's full of Spector want too! What's going on! :)

Edited by la bam
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1