Why become a member? ×

Top 3 GAS List

stewblack

My top 3 has remained stable for a while. One I could gave had here for a very reasonable price not long back but I dithered. We all know what missing out does to GAS. 

Anyway here's mine, what's yours? 

Screenshot_20200604_133432_com.android.chrome.jpg

13192956.jpg

6a6edaeef39104eaf43a191462946570.jpg

• Like 1

1 )Ibanez EHB1505....really liked them when they first appeared....had a word with myself ( no need/already too many/studio equipment more important/etc etc etc) Then, very foolishly, I watched a couple of the more recent Youtube reviews.....fatal !

2) Squier CV Mustang..... As above, plus I find the whole shortscale fad a bit trying..... but they are so lovely and so inexpensive....

3) Arturia Microbrute

Edited by CPCustomdubwise
typo

1 - Wal MK1.

I would buy one new, but I can't live with the astronomical wait time. I'm impatient, what can I say?

2 - Warwick Streamer Stage 2 

Tried one at Bass Direct and thought it was pretty 'meh', but every time I hear the recorded tone (Zender, Dirk Lance et al) it stokes up the GAS!

3 - Fender American Original P-Bass

In white with a gold anodized scratchplate, ta muchly :)

Edited by 40hz

I want two of my old basses back and one new one.

1. My 1953 Precision. Uncomfortable to play but what a huge sound it had.

2. My 1966 slab. Ok, I could buy it from Andy Baxter but not a penny over the £475 I paid for it. Again, uncomfortable to play but simply an awesome bass for recording.

3. An old 2 eq Stingray Fretless - sunburst and rosewood.

• Like 1

🤣 Nothing I can afford or actually need!

And some of it is somewhat obscure/rare/expensive and I don't even know if I'd like some of it! But for now;

1) Fender Roscoe Beck 5

2) Ibanez EDC 905 or 915

3) Something quasi-custom or very heavily modified that fits the basic remit of a P-bass. But not an actual Precision.

4) MusicMan Bongo 5. H/S, preferably

Edited by Lfalex v1.1
This one goes up to 4!

There are quite a few things I'd like to have -- e.g. Roscoe Beck 5, Chowny CHB-1 in sapphire burst, another Shuker -- but only two/three that I'm really itching to get my hands on:

1. Wal 5-string fretted, ideally Mk3 but a Mk2 would be just as good;

2. YOB ('65) Jazz Bass, from April that year if poss, ideally in candy-apple red with matching headstock.

3. Failing 2 above, a good replica (e.g. light relic Limelight) would be fine.

I look at natural finish Spector 5s with lust, but probably won't ever get around to one, partly because most seem to have gold hardware, and partly because they look as if neck dive would be an issue.

I look at Dingwall Super PJs with lust, but probably won't ever get around to one because they're bloody expensive.

On a more practical note, everytime a Maruszcyzk Jake 5 comes up in the marketplace, I get sorely tempted to get it as backup for my Jake... but then I'd have to get rid of my Elwood L5, which is probably better than the Jake in every way.... except I always find myself playing the Jake.

2 minutes ago, NickD said:

I look at natural finish Spector 5s with lust, but probably won't ever get around to one, partly because most seem to have gold hardware, and partly because they look as if neck dive would be an issue.

I look at Dingwall Super PJs with lust, but probably won't ever get around to one because they're bloody expensive.

On a more practical note, everytime a Maruszcyzk Jake 5 comes up in the marketplace, I get sorely tempted to get it as backup for my Jake... but then I'd have to get rid of my Elwood L5, which is probably better than the Jake in every way.... except I always find myself playing the Jake.

The GAS sufferer's conundrum. 

• Haha 1

Status S2 Classic or S3 headless neck-through 5-string with CW electronics and pickup positions

Dingwall NG3 5-string

Zon Sonus 5-string (a 519 or Custom preferably - but waaaay out of reach)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

1. The ACG Fractal Micro Krell that now belongs to @Roadybus.

2. The ACG Retro P5 that @Bridgehouse is selling.

3. An @Andyjr1515 built Psilos bass.

This would be after taking possession of the two @Jabba_the_gut basses that are sitting in lockdown until I can pick them up.

Talk to me man.. talk to me :D

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, therealting said:

I feel like my GAS is the lowest it’s ever been. At the moment I don’t always even feel inspired to play.

Start of the lockdown I was playing more than ever - recording projects with two bands, an online basscourse, teaching myself to read and write music, learning an entire set for a new band. 

Then this bloody chronic fatigue kicked in and like you it's all I can do to pick the thing up. 

But GAS is an addiction, it never seems to leave me. 

Mine has just changed..... I don’t need any of them 😂 learning to play what I have would take priority  

1. Sadowsky PJ in burgundy mist

2. 1975 (YOB) all original fender jazz (Not in black or burst) 

3. Modulus flea in purple or orange sparkle. 

Edit: I’m  adding more!! 😂 

4. Mike Lull PJ

5. Ken Smith BSR4GN - flamed maple. 

Edited by bassfan