Why become a member? ×

NO LONGER FOR SALE
£5950
Manchester

landminelenny

I’ve watched Chairman of the Bored many times on YouTube with that bass.  Steeped in Rock n Roll history and linked to the person without whom we might be living in a world without Never Mind the Bollocks and all that came after.

GLWS

Edited by Sarlscharisma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ambient said:

Are they famous?

:) 

Silly question, I am honestly interested. How do you go about putting a value on something like this?

I spoke with one dealer who said they value instruments based on their intrinsic value (not necessarily who has played it).

Taking that into account, EB-Os like this are around £5,000 in the States and very rare. Add the original case and you’re looking at more than the asking price here. 

Exceptionally rare bass, faultless provenance and I want it.

• Like 3

Any FS thread with Sid & Nancy in the pics has to be worth a look..... :i-m_so_happy:

Lovely bass- if only Gibson has kept this design, rather than changing to the less attractive (IMHO) SG shape.   I have a '58 EB-2 with the same Kluson "banjo" tuners and Bakelite pickup.  Very cool, very lightweight.

As Burns-bass says - worth the asking price even without the history / provenance.  GLWTS 9_9