Why become a member? ×

Fender Marcus Miller Redux - Now Finished

AndyTravis

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

I’m on 4, she keeps on saying “one more” I keep on pretending to have a headache...it’s quite easy to pretend...I do have a permanent one.

This is Maggies latest...

23922C39-C833-4529-A36C-51CA17FCB5B7.jpeg

Just say no....

Apparently they use a laser these days - quick AF and back to normal in a day or two.  I had the old fashioned “pull the strings out and tie them in a knot” with about 5 people watching.  Weird, but sooo worth the security of not having to find a bigger house/sleepless nights/etc.

2 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

Apparently they use a laser these days - quick AF and back to normal in a day or two.  I had the old fashioned “pull the strings out and tie them in a knot” with about 5 people watching.  Weird, but sooo worth the security of not having to find a bigger house/sleepless nights/etc.

I’m not worried, I keep my swimmers sedated with plenty of vino. 🤪

• Haha 1

Hah - I was supposed to get zapped in the Spring after #4 (he's 15mths now) - but Covid put paid to that for a bit. My Wife's done the: 'are we sure?...' thing a few times...

We already had to have one bedroom split to make 2 so we had 3 bedrooms for 4 kids. Gah!

So - you'll definitely never sell this new shiny MM bass then. I do love the colour - does it have an official name (i.e. was the person who refinished it working to a guide?)

31 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Hah - I was supposed to get zapped in the Spring after #4 (he's 15mths now) - but Covid put paid to that for a bit. My Wife's done the: 'are we sure?...' thing a few times...

We already had to have one bedroom split to make 2 so we had 3 bedrooms for 4 kids. Gah!

So - you'll definitely never sell this new shiny MM bass then. I do love the colour - does it have an official name (i.e. was the person who refinished it working to a guide?)

Ice blue metallic 🙂

Just now, Jakester said:

Pah, I don’t believe any of you - married, with children, and we’re expected to believe you still have time to knock boots? Calumny and lies, I say...

Mrs T gets grumpy if we don’t. Happy wife, easy life.

It’s no chore, plus if I don’t do it - the postman/milkman will...🤨

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Mrs T gets grumpy if we don’t. Happy wife, easy life.

It’s no chore, plus if I don’t do it - the postman/milkman will...🤨

It can be done within a specific time frame - but the kids need to be asleep, or downstairs watching TV/arguing/emptying the fridge, and we both need to be not knackered. So once a blue moon - and that's a very specific shade of blue, mind. There's not even a lock on the bedroom door!

I do like that bass - so wot's the preamp do the - 3 band eq with mid-freq control, plus blend and volume? (counts knobs)

8 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

I do like that bass - so wot's the preamp do the - 3 band eq with mid-freq control, plus blend and volume? (counts knobs)

Volume, pickup blend, VTC (pull for preamp bypass - so basically a passive Jazz) stacked Bass and treble.

• Thanks 1