Why become a member? ×

NBD

Kevin Dean

On 03/06/2020 at 23:13, Pea Turgh said:

How does it balance with the extra weight at the headstock?

Balance is spot on .

14 hours ago, bloke_zero said:

Nice  - how does it play?

It came with a very low action , it's got a really fast neck ..It's my first ever 5 string I'll just have to see how I get on , I wish they had a 4 string in the same colour .as I could see than becoming my main bass .

Yes - I was really tempted by this: https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/b-stock/products/lodestone-artist-b-stock

But I don't want active and it's really hard to tell what is going on with the finish from the photo's - sort of looks like it flaked off!

s-l1600_9_1500x.jpg?v=1587413443

Makes you wonder what'd happen if you could call them and make an offer on it? Can't help but think a wipedown with a cloth would have been a good move before taking pictures!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bloke_zero said:

Yes - I was really tempted by this: https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/b-stock/products/lodestone-artist-b-stock

But I don't want active and it's really hard to tell what is going on with the finish from the photo's - sort of looks like it flaked off!

s-l1600_9_1500x.jpg?v=1587413443

Makes you wonder what'd happen if you could call them and make an offer on it? Can't help but think a wipedown with a cloth would have been a good move before taking pictures!

In natural light it looks pretty solid black & to my eyes looks really nice you can hardly see that finish , The P models are passive .

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Kevin Dean said:

9.6 lbs   , I'll probably move it on because I just can't get on with the 5 string , but I love looking at it .

If it was a four I'd be interested in taking it off you. But if it was a four, you wouldn't be selling. 🤦🏼‍♂️

What a pointless post. 

• Haha 1

On 05/06/2020 at 12:52, bloke_zero said:

I was misled by the description then 😛

Looks like it's sold! Ok - who did it?!

Haha, I've just seen this thread.

I was ogling it for a while and eventually pressed the button. I've since had confirmation of the start date of (more!) building work on my house so lots of my basses are going up for sale, this included. If anyone is interested, let me know. For sale thread coming soon. 

IMG_20200618_150502.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bloke_zero said:

Your first picture makes the finish look better than the one on the Ashdown site so I think you'll do well - a little piece of history!

It did look a bit odd on the Ashdown site, probably due to flash photography. It's a lovely burled top but you can only really see it up close due to the trans black finish. 

5 hours ago, bloke_zero said:

I like it - it looks like 60's/70's futuristism, and I like all the thought that went into the design.

Can you anchor your thumb in the groove above the pickguard?

Agreed. I'm not 100% sold on the ergonomic benefits of the design, I just think it looks cool! Lots of photos I've seen over emphasise the headstock but it's actually less imposing than you'd think in the flesh. 

Re the potential thumb rest, I suppose you could. I haven't felt the need to drift away fromy usual spot above the pickup to to be honest.