Why become a member? ×

Hipshot Bridge on Epiphone EB-0

markyted

Hi All, Just fitted a Hipshot Supertone to my Epiphone EB-0 so thought I’d do a few lines of review.
Very easy to fit, the bridge is supplied with two sets of bolts with different size threads. The EB-0 required the larger, “chunkier” thread, fitted in moments.
I also took the opportunity to clean and condition the fretboard. Strings re-fitted with no problems, if you only have one wind around the peg, you may have to replace the strings as the Hipshot requires more string between ball-end and saddle. 
I have every string set as low as possible, I’d still prefer the action to be lower, but bridges to facilitate this aren’t out there. 
In my opinion, this upgrade is worth doing. The main advantage is I can now set the intonation accurately. The factory fit is millimetres out, so it’s not possible with standard-gauge strings. In addition, the increased distance to saddle from ball-end means no more cloth winding over the saddle on the E. Additional plus points include louder acoustically and sounds slightly more punchy-clearer amplified. 
Not a cheap upgrade, but accurate tuning, intonation and slightly lower action worth it for me.

Any further mod recommendations welcomed, I am particularly interested in the Gotoh Mudbucker option. 

Regards!

B24DF4B3-395B-461B-95A3-DAD325A2CDAC.jpeg

26715378-010C-439A-B2A3-7743F51C9841.jpeg

432CF6C9-DD54-4CA2-B4C9-0A9B8B3C4C5D.jpeg