Why become a member? ×

Sight Reading Triumph

stewblack

Feeling pretty smug right now. Sat down with the transcription of John Entwistle's bass line to Won't Get Fooled Again. 

Never played it before but I just powered straight through the first 17 bars almost flawlessly. Small flub on the g towards the end of bar 17, but otherwise I think I nailed that first part of the song, if I say so myself. 

On 04/06/2020 at 17:24, Bilbo said:

Did you see my April 1st post on my transcription page? It was the bass part for a tune off Music for Piano and Drums by Bill Bruford and Patrick Moraz. 5 people downloaded it. 🤣

Nice one!

On 04/06/2020 at 17:24, Bilbo said:

Did you see my April 1st post on my transcription page? It was the bass part for a tune off Music for Piano and Drums by Bill Bruford and Patrick Moraz. 5 people downloaded it. 🤣

Loved it. In defence of the downloaders(!) - there’s no preview option and I’d generally download the music first. 

The previous day’s ‘one handed Steve Dawson’ - Saxon transcription was just as valid an April fool however :)