Why become a member? ×

Custom build 5 string (schaller, Audere,Wilkinson)
£300
Rochester Kent

BaggyMan

Hi

Here is a rather unusual build I did for myself from parts from all over the place.

First up is the through neck 'V11 guitars' body.  Quilted facings, five piece laminate neck.

The pre amp is an Audere Z unit.

Pickups are Wilkinson.

Machine heads are superb quality N.o.S Schallers, now out of production.

When I chose the body/neck I decided on a hi mass bridge which meant dropping it into the deck of the body.  The cavity is fully copper lined and the bass as a whole is tonally very wide ranging and quiet in terms of noise etc.    Price reflects the cost of the parts only (in fact the schallers and the audere and pickups are worth the asking price..)   Its not perfect but I have built it well, Its intonated pefectly and action is good. Few knocks and dints that came with the body (bankrupt stock i believe).  Great project to take further ( i was considering routing out for humbuckers for example,  or to drill through for the through body stringing that is already waiting on the bridge..) or it plays great as is.  Balances well on the strap, currently strung with Fender Nickels.

Width at nut: 45mm

String spacing  at bridge:18mm

Scale length: 34" 24 frets

Weight: 4.2 Kg

Questions/queries welcomed, will ship using UPS insured, or meet and swap using safe distancing.

IMG_20200602_175130366.jpg

IMG_20200602_175132104.jpg

IMG_20200602_175139006.jpg

IMG_20200602_175153828.jpg

IMG_20200602_175213121.jpg

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

Edited by BaggyMan
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...